Lets update the Warhammer Fantasy Mod: Preview and Unit Request thread

It's Sima Qian's multiplayer tool. It's not a hack, but more an add-on like CivAssist. It's been used very effectively in the AOI play by e-mail game, is very easy to use, and doesn't cause any crashes or unpleasantness. It can be found in the utilities forum.

Holy ****, is it true? An updated (or new) version of Warhammer for CIV5? Even if it is only still in the works, I'm super excited.

Hi all,

I wasn't sure if it was better to post this in the original thread or this one, but I suppose this one is a little more "alive"...

I've just created a kind of soundpack for the warhammer Mod.
That's not just a mp3 files list to be played with the music.txt (as it was in the mod), but a complete selection defined for each Eras and each civs groups (European, Asian ...). There is also another little pack for the diplomacy music, built the same way.

Most part of the music come from the ones that can be find in the Warhammer - Hearth of Chaos mod for Civ IV, and a few other ones from Fallout 2 game.
After a few tests and game crashes all mp3 were re-encoded and seem to work fine now.

To set it up in your game:

1 - Download those 2 zip files (or just one, they are independent):

Music:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lJ-kPJwZkuZkcxc0ZHLXRQc1E/edit?usp=sharing

Diplo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lJ-kPJwZkuUHN0bmFoVnlzRXc/edit?usp=sharing

2 - Unzip them in your Warhammer scenario folder, in the Sound folder.
The path should be: ..\Conquests\Scenarios\WH2\Sounds\

3 - In the WH2\Text\ folder delete, or better rename, the music.txt file

That's all :)

My only regret is that Asiatic civs like Cathay or Nippon are members of the same group that the other Human civs so I was unable to give them specific music with a more eastern flavour.

Hope you'll enjoy it, and please give me your comments.

That's great lethaltoto. :)

I don't use music myself when I play, but I'll include them as an optional download when the update is done.

Perhaps you should upload them to the CFC server?

You're right, Yoda Power. I made a request for ftp access to the server, waiting for answer.
I suggest you to give a try to the music, it gives a more epic breath to the game in my humble opinion.
And talking with chaos forces is a little more freaky, as it should be ;)

Just one more unit request, even if no one sees it. The Dwarf Gyrobomber:

I have some problems with this mod: I am not able to tell my workers to build roads on mountains, so I cannot use the mountain resources such as eyrie and ogres. Sometimes the workers build roads on mountains automatically, but I have to wait long times for this to happen.

and a second problem with mountains and volcanos: no normal unit is able to enter this tile. so any goody hut or barbarian camp on it is unreachable and my scouts are useless. Every Goody hut on a mountain is a black hole, trapping my scouts forever. Every Unit exploring the map will only try to reach this hut and move only up and down in front of this mountain forever.

I tried to open this mod in the map editor and I have no idea whats wrong with my game. The map editor tells me, mountains are only impassable by wheeled units :confused:

I have some problems with this mod: I am not able to tell my workers to build roads on mountains, so I cannot use the mountain resources such as eyrie and ogres. Sometimes the workers build roads on mountains automatically, but I have to wait long times for this to happen.
Workers should always be able to build roads on mountains, unless you're playing on a custom map that has LM Mountains on it. You can never build roads on Volcanos.

and a second problem with mountains and volcanos: no normal unit is able to enter this tile. so any goody hut or barbarian camp on it is unreachable and my scouts are useless. Every Goody hut on a mountain is a black hole, trapping my scouts forever. Every Unit exploring the map will only try to reach this hut and move only up and down in front of this mountain forever.
That's sadly a known bug that's not going to go away. There's three ways to get the goody hut on a mountain though: 1) Use a worker to get. Don't worry about barbs, they won't be able to attack the worker as long as it stands on the mountain. 2) Build a city next to it. 3) Wait for flying units.

I tried to open this mod in the map editor and I have no idea whats wrong with my game. The map editor tells me, mountains are only impassable by wheeled units :confused:
"Wheeled" unit are all units in the WH mod. Only Flying units (that's actually land units with all terrain as roads) are able to enter mountains without roads.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the explanations, but I am still a little bit confused

ok, I am playing on a custom map (automatically generated by the map editor), I guess I have to change the mountains then?

it is possible to play without goody huts at all? (I am not really fond of them, throwing free techs on everybody.) They prevent my units from exploring the map. Workers are no solution for goody huts in the middle of the wilderness. And a goody hut on a vulcano is really annoying

If you just generated a custom map in the editor and played that, then all Mountains can be roaded by workers.

You can remove goody huts individually in the editor by right-clicking on them.

If you have an idea or possibility to do something for the existing Ogre Rat's skaven unit, it could be cool. The existing giant mickey mouse one is awfull :cry:

Thanks buddy :lol:

I'm making the 40k mod my focus, but I can try and chip in a few units here and there :)

:bump:

YodaPower, what units are left that are needed for this mod to move forward? There has been a large number of new units unleashed upon the forum since the original Warhammer mod was released, so which units are you eagerly awaiting?

And, no, I will not wander aimlessly about the unit request threads and read scores of irrelevant posts and comments to attempt to divine what it is you're looking for. Make a list or several, and we can begin assigning graphics to the proper units.

I seem to recall you wanting dreadfleet ships or something? I can cut-and-paste like the dickens to make a naval unit, as long as I have an acceptable source material. Take a look at my WH40K necron units that are nothing more than alterations of images acquired elsewhere.

I remember when Yoda_Power first started this thread back in the spring of 2013. I eagerly awaited to see what changes and fixes he would make.

This has been my favorite fall back mod as well and I never even knew what Warhammer was before downloading this mod. The colorful unit graphics always make me happy and the effort that went into trying to synchronize the fighting sounds really shows!

I hope you finish your polish on this mod Yoda_Power. I'd like to see what the 3'rd caretaker of this mod can bring to it. And I really want to see a few more NEW aaglo & LMR units!

Also, did anyone ever have a plan for the 2 empty civilization slots? Which civ/race would a Warhammer fan suggest is missing, if any?

I'm sorry that I never got to finish this. I was waiting for new units and in the end gave up. It's very likely that I won't be releasing anything, since I haven't played Civ3 for more than a year.

That's really sad news but thanks for the reply Yoda_Power.

My updating concentrates on two main aspects:
1) Fixing gameplay stuff and unfortunate unbalances (some unbalances in the Wh mod are intended, but not all of them).

2) Updating units graphics and adding new units from the Warhammer universe. This is where this thread comes in. I could need some help from our fellow unit makers.

Hopefully someday you get the time to finish #1 for us. That would be more than enough for me! :)

Thanks.

Top Bottom