Liberation Army = Affinity from conquest

No one likes Liberation Army and we need different ways to get affinity. So how about gaining affinity from conquest with liberation army?
Use population of the city and the defenders affinity level as factors in what you get towards your dominant affinity, and limit it to one gain per city.
Good, no?

That could be interesting for more aggressive playstyles.

Interesting idea, but wood need some more virtue-changes then, because it would make the already strong 20%/Free Affinity that the tree has insane. I'd actually say put the 20% into the Knowledge Tree, the free Affinity into the Prosperity-Tree, then that may very well work.

I'm not sure if I like getting the same Affinity that the owner of that city has though as that would pretty much encourage to turn on those who should be your "friends" first.

I think its better for Might to keep the Affinity boost thing, since it is kind of its specialty alongside generic army virtues.

I'd rather see early virtues generally get stronger - some just feel like filler to get to the worthwhile options.

Interesting idea, but wood need some more virtue-changes then, because it would make the already strong 20%/Free Affinity that the tree has insane. I'd actually say put the 20% into the Knowledge Tree, the free Affinity into the Prosperity-Tree, then that may very well work.
Now I'm thinking that every virtue tree should have a different affinity gain virtue. Conquest for might, science for knowledge, city development/wonder construction for industry and something with growth and/or expansion for prosperity.

I'm not sure if I like getting the same Affinity that the owner of that city has though as that would pretty much encourage to turn on those who should be your "friends" first.
It could be seen as gaining to be the supreme supremacy, or purest purity etc. but a better way might be that you gain towards your main affinity according to the level of the opponents affinities that are not your main. Then same affinity wars only gain if they have secondary affinities. Avoids a situation where affinities gain the most by fighting among themselves.

Now I'm thinking that every virtue tree should have a different affinity gain virtue. Conquest for might, science for knowledge, city development/wonder construction for industry and something with growth and/or expansion for prosperity.

It could be seen as gaining to be the supreme supremacy, or purest purity etc. but a better way might be that you gain towards your main affinity according to the level of the opponents affinities that are not your main. Then same affinity wars only gain if they have secondary affinities. Avoids a situation where affinities gain the most by fighting among themselves.

Actually I'd imagine it as
Conquer a city of Your own affinity +1 point to that affinity
Conquer a city of another affinity +2 points to Your dominant affinity (after all you liberated them from their misguided affinity)

Top Bottom