Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness: The Story America, Vicky ARR

Constantine

at least it isnt the sens
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Jan 1 1836: A new President sweeps into office, with nearly 80% of the votes cast
going to him. To raise funds for the great experiment with Freedom, the President allows the sale of old ships, industrial equipment and basic commercial ideas to be transferred to China.... For cash of course.

Jan 5 1836:
An envoy is send to Westminster, with the aim of improving relations with the
British state, the number power in the world.

1836 to 1840:
In Texas, the freedom fighters of Sam Houston suffer defeat at the hands of Santa Anna, a vile Mexcian despot, a blight on North America. In the disputed Oregon lands, deals with Great Britan are made. Montana, Idaho, Seattle, Oregon are all accepted into the Union. The remandants of the texan republic are also admitted into the freedom loving Union.

To prevent the Russian Czar from polluting the North American lands with his tryanny a colonial war with the Russian bear was fought. America gained all the Russian claims on North America, the war ended so after with a white peace.

The army of Liberty and Freedom soon expands the great republic into the Indian lands in several colonial wars. Funny enough many of these new American citizens join the army. I guess they want to spread freedom.

The railroad began to spread like wildfire through the Easter United States,
factories were constructed, lumber, fabric, glass, wine, liqour and steel being
the favorites of the business class. These factories all used domestic resources so supply was not a factor and demand for these goods would always be there.

The military was kept to a bare minimum and the navy budget slashed to pay for education programs. A large mobilization pool was kept, the American citizen-soldier is An idea that goes back to the glorious birth of the republic.

The Mexican American War:
July 4th 1839

American army units were stationed on the border. The Mexicans launched attacks But were driven off by the dug in American units, equipped with the latest Muzzle loaded rifles, a great advantage over the Napoleonic era muskets The Mexicans were equipped with.

The first unit to cross into Mexican land(rightfully American) was the Texan Cavalry Inherited after the Texas Annexation, these men had seen the Mexicans storm into Texas, destroying farms, looting, raping. Destroying the Texan attempts to build a country for themselves.

The plan for war was twofold:
1. Regular American units stationed on the border would repulse Mexican attacks then advance into Texas and New Mexico.

2. While this was occurring the reserves would be mobilized 18 divisions were
called up. Most were deployed to New Orleans. Serval aided in the advance
through the south west.

The first American units landed in Vera Cruz to capture a base of operations
Against Mexico city. They landed unopposed. The clipper transports of the USN Went back the New Orleans and picked up 30 000 men and delivered them into Vera Cruz. The combined force numbered 60 000 and marched into Mexico City unopposed.

The War in the North also went all. After the initial Mexican attacks were
beaten off, the regulars advanced, sweeping Mexican units before them. The
Mexicans since the second week of war had been on the defensive. They could not stand in face of the American Army and National Guard.

Peace was concluded, in late 1841, American troops at this point had captured Vera Cruz, Mexico City. In Texas, they were pushing into Central Mexico, New Mexico was under American occupation as well as parts of Arizona, the coast of California and Utah. The terms were not harsh, Mexico became a Satellite of the US, spreading freedom to an oppressed people. The States of Nevada, Alta Calforina, New Mexico, Texas, Utah and Arizona joined the union. A small sum was to be paid to the US every month as payment for bringing freedom to Mexico.

US after peace treaty:

After the successful conclusion of war with Mexico, America went back to having a small standing army, increased educational spending. The building of factories and railways occurred paid for Mexico.

So the Republic was at peace until the state of Johore, killed several American citizens.The American response was swift, two divisions of regulars seasoned in Mexico, were sailed to the Asian Kingdom. They landed and advanced inland. In several short months a new state was added to the republic. The Johorean army was wiped out. They had no chance. Again as what happened in the Indian states, many joined the army. The War Department raised a division of native soldiers to garrison this land.

And so this takes us to roughly mid 1844 in the great free nation of America.

Stay tuned for more; the Oregon crisis and prehaps more expansion...

Attachments

• Johore..PNG
    Johore..PNG
    48.2 KB · Views: 142
Nice :thumbsup: Where exactly is Johore?

Well.

AS XIII would probly tell you, its more or less southern Malasyia today. I assume at one point the Brits anexed it.

Oh ya, now that I look closer, I can see Singapore. :yeah:

BTW - I see you finally joined Flamesland :evil:

Constantine said:
Well.

AS XIII would probly tell you, its more or less southern Malasyia today. I assume at one point the Brits anexed it.
I'm fr Johore. :smug:

Johore only accepted a British Resident in 1914; even then we managed most of our own affairs.

Singapore was rented fr the Sultanate of Johore. :smug:

Nice AAR! :goodjob:

My current game is also with the USA and I have some questions for you if you don't mind.

How did you get 18 divisions? The most I've been able to field is 9 and that was a struggle to get the manpower to equip them.

When you ask for a white peace do you get to keep any land you conquered or does everything go back to the way it was before the war?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Those 18 divisions appeared to be fr his reserves - he had another chunk from his regular army so his forces were bigger than that. ;)

To get a bigger army, convert more of your 'useless' POPs into soldiers, then build new divisions. Or enlarge your reserves. ;)

In a white peace, everything goes back to what it was.

Oh I see. You mean the free divisions that are given to you when you partially or fully mobilize? I've tried to partial mobilize but have never received free reserves even after waiting several months.

I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is. :confused:

There's no option to 'partially' mobilize that I know of... When you mobilize, all your reserves go into action, and will be ready by a certain date. You can field them, in the screen where you normally 'deploy' your newly created divisions.

In your military screenie, down to the bottom to the right, you have the mobilization buttons. The 'increase' one is for you to increase your reserves by 5 divisions. I never use the 'decrease' button but I assume it's to decrease your reserves by 5 divisions. The top button, 'mobilize', is the one you hit to mobilize your reserves. If ever you hit the 'mobilize' button, you can check on their status or deploy them, using the 'deploy' field.

And they are not 'free'. The reserves also need to be paid for, like regular units. Worse they come out of your working POPs, so those reservists can be your farmers and labourers who normally work your RGOs (or worse your craftsmen and clerks who normally work your factories). So your income will go down, and your expense up. They have made war-making a very serious issue in the game IMO; a decision not to be made lightly. ;)

Thank you XIII that makes everything clear to me now! :goodjob:

I agree, with the exception of HOI, Paradox has always made their games such that undertaking war is not for the light hearted.

@Moff

Indeed, my peace time army was about 10 divisons strong. These were fighting on the border with Mexico, then I mobilized and took the captial of Mexico.

And for the manpower, I conquered some Indian states that werent British puppet just to get manpower. In fact 90% of my manpower is from INdia and Johore

all that happened between the this and the last update were economic deveopment in the US

Sept 25

US declares war on Zulu

2nd Corps consiting of veterans from the Mexican American war are landed.

Several weeks later, the Zulu army is wiped out and the 2nd Corps march into the Captial and the Zulu surrender and become part of the United States of America

Here is a map of the Indian State:
This while the great Munity is occuring.

Most of my manpower now comes from Zululand, Johore and India. Colonies are good for three things: Prestige, Manpower and Raw Materials.
I apologize for the short update however, tommorrow there will be a big good with a huge war.

Fififty Four Fourty or Fight.

Jan 25 1846

The long dispute over the vast Oregon lands in the west has come to a head. The President sent his emissary to the Queen with the proporsal of 54'40 as a division of the Oregon. Her Majestys Gov't rejected said proposal and proceded to declare war on the United States.

Jan 26:
America calls up the reserves, Mexico and Liberia honour their alliances and declare war on the tryannical Albion. The United States of America, Mexico and Liberia stand alone againsit unchecked British argerssion. The President of the US declares " THis will be a long hard war, but one we must endure and fight, for we all are fighting this war for the freedom of Upper and Lower Canada and all free peoples on the North American conteinet.

Jan to May 1st

American forces launched attacks into southern Ontario and into the unclaimed lands to north, little British troops were met.

In the Eastern US British troops advancec out of Quebe and New Brunswick and took Easton and Bangor, American regulars held a line in Concord and did not bulge.

A diplomatic trimpuh over the British was scored when:

May 1st
28 reserve divisons are deployed into the field. THe situation? In Western Ontario US regulars are advancing deep into Ontario, the border town of London has fallen and Toronto is besiged. In Alberta and Sackswatchen, US Cavalry are taking over British Claims. In New England, attacks with reserves and regualrs are about to be launched.

June:
American forces pushed deeper into Western Ontario. Americans had arrived in New Brusnswick pushing the red coats out of eastern Maine. Troops had secured the eastern bank of the St Lawernce are were preparing to assault Quebec and Montreal.

In India, the 1st Corps and a divison of Sepoys laucnhed an attack into the British Punjab.

July:

American Troops march into Singapore among citizens celebrating the end of British tryanny in Singapore. Many experts predict this small Island city will soon be one of the economic powerhouse states.

One of Britans oldest possesions in North America was attacked and conquered. The province of Syndey fell to American soldiers.

Halifax was now threanted and after Pacifying Syndey 1st Corps marched on that old British possesion as well.

August:
All of the Eastern British North America was under American control. The 50 000 odd British red coats garrisoning the region were dead or in prison camps. The sun was setting on the British Empire in North America.

In India, the US garrison and sepoys had advanced capturing portions of the Punjab.

Septemeber
There were no coherent British units left in North America all of southern Ontario and Quebec lay under American occupations.

October:
More US gains, stalemate occured in India, American and British troops dug in, in the Punjab.

November:
Virtually all of Quebec and Ontario were conquered. New Brunswick and Nova Scotia were under complete American occupation and large portions onf Manitoba were American.

On the stormy Pacific coast, an American Corps occupied the vital port of Vancouver, in so doing they denied a staging ground for invasions of the West Coast.

December:
As the last region of Quebec was occupied the President ordered the creation of two new republics, Quebec and Ontario.

The new North America, a completely free one two. ;)

The proposed Treaty of Halifax(where the British Foregin Minister arrived)

The British Reponse:

Singapore is now offically American.

Oh say can you see...

Seems rather easy... The Brits that I fought never go down that easily and will eventually land divisions by the hundreds of thousands up and down the coasts... :undecide:

@ yeah I was surprised as well.

However the Brits had a war with Annam, Cambodia going on and if IIRC had over 100 000 troops deployed into Indo China. However all the land in North America was inherited by me via event, I only ended up getting one prov in a peace deal.

Why are Alberta and Saskatchewan not blue?

Those regions were still being claimed by separate nations. You need to hold claims to all provinces (or have all 4 types of claims) within a state, before you can claim the state for yourself.

On a closer look, it appears Constantine is still in the process of building colonial claims in the rest of the states, before he can claim them.

So Britain or someone else is still claiming them?

I would assume he'd have taken over the British claims during the war. ;)

In Vikky, the AI is not good at defending or taking over claims.

Top Bottom