• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Line-of-Sight: Yet another AI cheat?

CD7

Chieftain
I appreciate that the AI needs all the help it can get, but I am so tired of the developers simply deciding that the easiest way to help the AI is to program in lot of stupid rules, then allow the AI to ignore them.

Here's the thing about light, except in the presence of an extreme gravitational field, or when passing through a refractive interface, it travels in a straight line. So if you can see me, I can see you.

It's not that I object to helping the AI, its that its extremely frustrating trying to figure out where I can move, then simply having the AI ignore the LOS rules.
And I repeat, it is a ridiculously simple concept: If I can't shoot them, they can't shoot me. Period.

And whilst we're on the subject of the AI simply ignoring rules, can you please stop the AI's catapults from firing AFTER moving? Thanks.

The Expert Crew promotion allows moving and shooting. Maybe that explained it.
Not sure what the first part is saying Can you provide more detail

it's know that the ai not ondly ignores line of sight

for some decisions they get a maphack since they would be to bad decide else :)

the concept of LOS in civ 6 is compleatly cilient side

I guess this guy has never heard of arching weapons, you know, like ARCHERS or artillery... no line of sight needed, just someone to spot it, or if they are on defense just use a wall of arrows and hit what you may. If you don't have a ranged weapon, you can't shoot them. So yeah, lots of times they can shoot you without you being able to shoot them.... period.

Absolutely AIs hack maps all the time. Barbarians will chase your units even they have no way to see your units (more than 3 tiles, covered by wooden-hill...)
AI' religion units will run half of the map to convert your capital even when they never sent scout to your land. They just know!!!
And look at my attached file, Barbarian horse archer ignore unprotected Spain's settler to attach my unit (which it can never kill), stupid AI + map hack make late game so boring...

Attachments

• barb ignore ai settler.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
Barbs ondly ignore AI setlers and workers on Empiror and higher
Thats not a bug thats a feature That ai is better on higher Difficulty

AI does not realy hack the map, it just does not add Fog of War

Here a good Quote form the Def Forum about it:

"There is... in fact, there are a lot of ways that the UI could be changed to display information that is otherwise not available: so long as there's a Lua function for it, you can create a UI mod that adds more info to the UI, from the exact policies everyone has selected, to where enemy invisible units are located. The "best" part is that because UI mods are strictly client-side, you can have such a UI mod active on your machine, and not only will you be able to play with people who don't have the same UI mod, but they won't even know you have a UI mod active (this is why EUI works, BTW). Don't really want to tell anyone how to do any of this though, for obvious reasons..."

Absolutely AIs hack maps all the time. Barbarians will chase your units even they have no way to see your units (more than 3 tiles, covered by wooden-hill...)
AI' religion units will run half of the map to convert your capital even when they never sent scout to your land. They just know!!!
And look at my attached file, Barbarian horse archer ignore unprotected Spain's settler to attach my unit (which it can never kill), stupid AI + map hack make late game so boring...
I just played a game where my troops were sitting on China's border after a war. There was a barbarian camp on the far side of the Chinese city. I watched as the barbarians marched across China, ignoring Chinese units, so they could attack me.

I just played a game where my troops were sitting on China's border after a war. There was a barbarian camp on the far side of the Chinese city. I watched as the barbarians marched across China, ignoring Chinese units, so they could attack me.
On what Difficulty ?
i asume Empiror or higher because lower that that they are not suposed to cheat with barbs

On what Difficulty ?
i asume Empiror or higher because lower that that they are not suposed to cheat with barbs
I'm sure barb shall ignore AI units IF they see any human player unit, ANY DIFFICULTY. It's so weird when a barb warrior (2 movement points) chasing your knight...
Remember in Civ5, we can "lure" AI civilians into barb and then recapture that unit from barb. And now in Civ6 barbs are completely stupid. It's ok to give AI some buff as a compensation for lack of "intelligent", but in obvious case (like in my save file), it's crap!!!

Top Bottom