Loading a multiplayer saved game causes Civ 5 to freeze

Soul0Reaper

Chieftain
Whenever a friend and I try to play multiplayer saved game, the game freezes on the loading screen for the host and the menu disappears for the other player (only background image is showing). I tried searching for this method but no one seems to have this problem. We tried loading an auto save and that didn't work either.

Game status seems to be perpetually stuck, at least over 5 min, at loading a saved game in multiplayer.

Same thing happens for us. Loading from an autosave usually solved the problem, but not for this last game we played. We had to start from scratch. No idea how to fix, just adding a voice.

Whenever a friend and I try to play multiplayer saved game, the game freezes on the loading screen for the host and the menu disappears for the other player (only background image is showing). I tried searching for this method but no one seems to have this problem. We tried loading an auto save and that didn't work either.

Game status seems to be perpetually stuck, at least over 5 min, at loading a saved game in multiplayer.

I've had that before a few times when playing with my girlfriend (haven't tried playing a game with the latest patch so don't know how that will hold up). We managed to get our game playing again by just having the host load up the game. Once the game has loaded, end the turn and save it. We were then able to start the game as normal in multiplayer without any crashes.

It means that the other player misses a turn (but the host could just not do anything on the turn to make it fair), but at least it lets your game continue, which is always a plus :).

Loading from an Autosave sometimes also fixes it too.

Top Bottom