Long Term Science Goal

READ POST FIRST!

• Republic - REPUBLIC

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Navigation - MAGELLAN's (seafaring)

• Invention - LEO's (wheel, engineering)

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Economy - ADAM's (banking)

• Democracy - DEMOCRACY (banking)

• Medicine - SHAKESPEARE's

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Theory of Gravity - ISSAC's (university)

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Theology - BACH's (feudalism)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Jayne, you've totally forgotten.......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jayne

Emperor
Leowinds recent poll indicates that we still want Monotheism to be our immediate goal, but we need to look to the future. This goal deals with what we want to do next. I'm trying to avoid the situation I had as Queen when none of 6 or 7 options for techs offered had ever been voted for!

Please vote for upto three of the options. Wonders and Governments are detailed in captials, and pre-requisites in bracketsl

President MonkE, please check this poll before you play just in case you aren't offered Polytheism and I will post a more concise list next time.

I would like to see us get to explosives in the somewhat near future. Having engineers rather than settlers will greatly improve our ability to expand and develop.

The only problem I have with Theology is that is requires Feudalism. Feudalism gives us Pikemen, pikemen make warriors obsolete. No warriors, no IPRB for the 10 shield range. :(

Also, let's remember that once we discover both Navigation and Invention, we lose the early delivery bonus for caravans.

Duke, you like IPRB=10 as much as I do! I agree about the Pikemen and Theology. Republic works fine with Mike's Monotheism. Farther out, Bach Theology and Democracy work nicely together. Now RailRoad, I love it, but it simply kills the Hanging Gardens and our ability to Celebrate to magnify our population.

Leonardo, there's a valuable wonder. And I think the AI will want to get it, anyone agree to worry with me on that?

Engineers require Explosives, both Gunpowder and Chemistry.
Gunpowder requires Invention and Iron Working.
Chemistry requires University and Medicine.

I agree on Explosives. Since University is on this path, we would then have the prerequisites for Theory of Gravity (Newton's).

I'll worry with GaryNemo about Leo's - the AI makes it a priority, no?

Navigation & Magellan's is good if we need lots of intercontinental travel.

And what about Republic, hmm? We have the prereqs.

With all the loose units we'll have for a while, Democracy seems too far off ...

I'm always for Leo's. It frees up resources for things other than upgrading our units. If not that, then explosives for the engineers sounds good to me.

I think Theory of Gravity is important at the moment to build Issac's in Elysium before anything else. Leo's will be very useful, particularly when we have gunpowder and explosives, to upgrade all those archers and settlers.

I also voted for democracy.

I too voted for Democracy, but don't want to change governments until we have both Mike's and Bach's. If we want to go for Republic too then we will have to be very careful about when to change. If we have destroyed the Vikings and have a large number of troops still hanging around then maybe we could try for the Indians too but if our battle plans halt for whatever reason then we should make sure that we can switch to Republic without being caught out by unhappy people due to our armies in the field.

Mike's is all we need for Republic. I play the Gotm's that way, although they have been Emperor and King, I'm not sure that makes much difference. Mike's, Republic w Leo's Caravans ready.

Further, I get Bach and switch to Democracy. Never bother with Women's Suffrage nor Railroad. By that time, the world is mine. Again, this is Deity, so it will take a bit longer. The principle is the same. Mike's = Republic. Bach's = Democracy.

Top Bottom