Looking for 3D tutorials

Phibettagamma

Chieftain
I'm a long time fan of Civ games, played all of them since Civ II I guess :)
But I'm a first time trying to mod some things in Civ 5.
I created a new Civilization (The Aliens, from the movie Alien).
That worked out all perfect, Civilization is added, Tech stuff works but now i wanna go ahead one step by creating a real Alien Model (because i feel it's really stupid playing with the alien civilization if they look like a human civilazation) but i have no real experience in creating an (animated) 3d model, i fooled around in the past with both 3DS Max and Blender but i would like to find some tutorials for 3DS Max how to get started to create what i need.
Can anyone here provide me with that?

Greetz,

Phi

This section is not for requests
Next time post in the main modding section

Moderator Action: Thread moved.
Next time, hit the report button, that's the only real way to get threads reliably moved.

For your question,google is your friend

That's sure not an appropriate answer to a new member.
Especially not from someone, who obviously has some skills. If you have some knowledge, then help. That's what this forum is about.

@Phibettagamma: Welcome to CFC.

Welcome Phi!

Actually, the brightest among us are working on that very thing right now since Nexus shipped broken. This thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=385851 will get you caught up on their progress.

As far as the nuts and bolts of building skeletons and such, Googling tutorials for your chosen program is about the only way to go.

Don't forget to check out our modding tutorials section as well. There is already much in the way of useful information to be found there :D

Googling tutorials for your chosen program is about the only way to go
That's what i was meaning when saying "google is your friend"
Sorry i was a little bit angry at the moment :D

Top Bottom