Lore behind different Stations ?

Haig

Deity
Hiya, is there any info on civilopedia or somwhere about the backrounds of the Stations?

Some are pretty interesting sounding like "Church of Dawn Light" etc. and would be cool to know the backstories or which countries or organisations they represent.

There's short description for each stations, but there's no detailed lore AFAIK.
Spoiler :
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_HEKIMA_PROMPT">
<Text>Hekima provides biomedical enhancements to domesticated livestock. Their compounds contribute to the growth of healthy food animals, not just for consumption but for conversion to highly-desirable leathers, textiles, and jewelry.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_JINSOKU_LABS_PROMPT">
<Text>Jinsoku Labs is a cutting-edge player in biomechanical research. Their procedures could help us make real breakthroughs in human-machine systems development.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_KEAGUNGAN_PROMPT">
<Text>Keagungan is an applied sciences skunkworks. They specialize in converting military tech to civilian use, and are known as pioneers of autonomous domestic systems.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_STET_MINING_PROMPT">
<Text>Stet Mining is a leader in heavy metal extraction. Their deep-core drilling rigs are some of the safest and most productive in operation.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_SHACKLETON_PROMPT">
<Text>Shackleton is a survey and geological mapping enterprise. Their reports on the alien landscape and ecosystems could lead to progress in a variety of fields, from scientific research to nature tourism.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_NEW_BABYLON_PROMPT">
<Text>New Babylon seeks to develop self-sustaining biospheres for consumer use. They are a leader in closed energy systems and luxury habitation.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_OMOIKANE_PROMPT">
<Text>Omoikane has developed techniques for ultra-dense agriculture. Their patented layer farms could lead to an explosion in food production output.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_PALATINE_PROMPT">
<Text>Palatine is an elite resort and retreat operation specializing in holisitic cogno-emotional renewal. Our top officials and executives could benefit from the invigoration their treatments promise.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_BANU_MUSA_PROMPT">
<Text>Banu Musa is a theoretical sciences think tank. Their theories on research practices and methods could lead to profound advances in our technological development.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_RED_SUN_PROMPT">
<Text>Red Sun is an energy operation specializing in high-density, high-output power generation. Their power cells could literally jump-start our civil infrastructure.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_FAR_BASE_ONE_PROMPT">
<Text>Far Base One provides full-spectrum individual and squad-level tactical combat training. Their elite trainers claim they can turn any ordinary citizen into an elite soldier.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_CAMP_CASCADE_PROMPT">
<Text>Camp Cascade is an elite survival and deep-field operations school. Their instruction could assist our military with long-term independent operations, including incursion tactics and hit-and-run warfare.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_FORT_BARCA_PROMPT">
<Text>Fort Barca is an advanced ballistics and targeting workshop. Their proving grounds and battlefield simulations could give us an edge in long-range remote warfare.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_STATION_ADEPT_BLUE_PROMPT">
<Text>Adept Blue has established a revolutionary, vertically-integrated laboratory. Their unorthodox process could yield new breakthroughs our scientists might never have considered.</Text>

It looks like they are corporations rich enough to send small spaceships to new planets, but not a full-fledged colony ship.

My understanding is they are split offs from sponsor colonies. Corporations and entities that leave the main colony and setup their own research base or such.

ggmoyang can you see those descriptions inside the game while playing? or just from digging that file? :)

I saw some of them from pre-release LP, but I don't remember if I saw any of them. Honestly, I just close most windows(or use no popups option) while I'm playing.

They removed the text descriptions in the released version of the UI; instead, the dialog actually tells you what the trade benefit of the station is.

There's no Station list in the Civilopedia.

Church of Dawn's Light and Golden Bell Temple are in the game, but don't appear to have description text. Others that don't have text but were seen in pre-release versions of the game (not sure if they're still in the game) are: Fort Miller, McDonough Labs, Scyon Group Labs, Aspera Station, and Lalibela.

I've seen Lalibela in-game, IIRC at tier 1 it is +4 culture and nothing else.

Top Bottom