• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Lost Interface After Patch

georgedv said:
Where did you all download the patch from. Maybe that one is corrupt. Has anyone installed the new patch and has it working properly. if so where did you down load it from. Also those of you with problems, did you have any mods, or UNOFFICIAL patches running with CIv IV? Actually where you running any back ground internet security software when you were down loading....let us know please!!

I have the exact same interface issues. Downloaded the patch from the official? site linked on Forums (http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization 4/Patches/v152PATCHREL.exe) . During install said it didn't recognize the .exe file and hit "ignore" and it continued patch. Now no interface.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried patch from 1.09 and from 1.00. Have NO other Mods.

Have tried 3 different video drivers and updated all the Microsoft updates.

VERY frustrating!

I believe this problem was from a corrupt download.

Here's what I did (although not all may be required):

- Uninstall Civ IV completely and remove Civ folder from My Games folder.
- Disabled Norton Antivirus for all installs and updates
- Install IV (version 1.00)
- Open game and choose - Check for updates.
- Downloaded update and installed.

Works!

Perhaps the problem was downloading the update from a mirror site instead of through the game.

Good luck to all!

deleting civilization4.ini did the trick for me, i think its because of one of the options you turn on/off for beter performence, that turns off the interface after instaling the patch.. i dont think its because of corrupt patch files or anything like that.. when you reinstal the game you get a new civilization4.ini thats why reinstaling works..

noid said:
deleting civilization4.ini did the trick for me, i think its because of one of the options you turn on/off for beter performence, that turns off the interface after instaling the patch.. i dont think its because of corrupt patch files or anything like that.. when you reinstal the game you get a new civilization4.ini thats why reinstaling works..

Except I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times (with new .ini files). For me it was more likely a corrupt download. If the .ini delete works, then great. If not, try downloading through the game update.

For me it seemed to be a corrupted download too. The CF's mirror didnt work but the take2 mirror was ok. Thanks for the help!

It seems that this patch and main program is sensitive to anything running in the back ground especially internet sec. related. Also there seem to be corrupt files at download. The German site seems to be most reliable. Can any one direct us to a loink for the German site.

thanks

Top Bottom