Lost Units Mod

i only want some of the units, like the crusader, bi plane, mk1 tank.

allso y not add more tech for a ww1 era?? seperate the modren and early industral era with a later industral/ww1 eara?? this whold allso increase the length of the game! *its to short*

just dropped by to say that the commando unit is way overpowered (sorry if its already discussed, its 02.05 here and Im tired).

Just finished playing a session where Im crushing a much larger nation by moving 10-15 commandos all the way to there city while bombing it by air and taking it without any opposition. The invicibility trait is the key here, plz remove it.

Maybe have max one commandy unit in same time (national unit).

i wud prefer making the commando unit national.

how about some more espionage missions like steal technology and initiate propaganda like we had in civ III for the spy. The spy is very underpowered in this game and so is the navy.

Also the ARTILLERY does not have any range and cant bombard units without going into direct combat:( . a few more units mainly range units like Tactical nukes, cruise missiles mainly in modern era and the navy would be nice. and was just wondering if the fighters could provide air cover to the bombers. it seems odd that we have jet fighters on intercept and our bombers still get shot down by some WWII era plane. We can also have missile silos to help protect our own nuclear missiles from enemy ICBM's, kind of gives a second strike option.;)

This is grat, al it would need is the minute men for the americans replaceing the musketman. It would be slitely weaker then the musket men but cost no sheilds with the cost of one population

Nice mod, I am really thrilled with the possibilities some of these units bring with them into the game. But could you please write short descriptions of each unit, of how they are implemented in the game? For example how exactly does Ship of the Line differ from the Frigate or what all the religious UU's really are?

I am the Future said:
This is grat, al it would need is the minute men for the americans replaceing the musketman. It would be slitely weaker then the musket men but cost no sheilds with the cost of one population

Who would ever build such a unit? It's weaker than the unit it replaces and it costs population.

As for minute men, I think a slightly weaker BUT MUCH CHEAPER rifleman would be kind of neat as a unit. Also give it the "uses surplus food" tag like a settler or worker, that gives it the flavor of being derived from population AND makes him even faster to build.

I realy wish that UU were attached to Leaders rather then Civs, UU's could then match the historical time period of the leader and we wont have these silly GeorgeWashington + Navy Seal, Fredrick + Panzer combos.

Hello first i wanna say thx for the extra units, i played with them several times.

Here some feedback:

The commando unit is the only downthing with this mod. I noticed by surprice one time when i was overhelmed and nearly smashed by two nations attacking at same time. Then i used the function goto with the commandos and here is the BUG. Everytime you use the goto function and passes by a stack of enemy units or a enemy city no matter how many they are the commando automatically kills everyone and they dissapear! Thx to this i survived but its a thing that must be fixed. :scan:

Note: it doesnt happen if your destination with goto mode are the same tile as the enemy or if the enemy tile (city or units) cant be passed through straight horisontally or vertically or diagonally. For example a coastal city with no straight line through it.

Im surprised that noone before me has noticed it.

HA! Awesome bug!

I've downloaded this mod and look forward to playing with the new units.

Check out the first page to grab the new version of Lost Units.

V1.2 add 2 new units to the game, the naval mine and the zeppelin. Because of the invisible bug the commando is now a standard unit but still a challenge ;). Also some minor changes (read the history part of the readme).

But the most important change is the installer to make the mod more user-friendly.

I like your changes, especially new religious units. Hover I think that crusaders and muslim unit (forget name) are available to early – both are really powerful. Maybe if they need a cathedral or can be build only in holy city/shrine?

belkot said:
I like your changes, especially new religious units. Hover I think that crusaders and muslim unit (forget name) are available to early – both are really powerful. Maybe if they need a cathedral or can be build only in holy city/shrine?

I think they are fine. I like the strategy of rushing the Oracle --> Theology. Then purging the nearby heathens of my lands.

Besides, it just balances out Praetorians.

Although, requiring the City to have a Christian Temple in order to build them might be a good compromise. Cathedral/Holy city would be to harsh.

will these show up in the civilopedia and will it show on the science thing?

ERLoft said:
Two words for you! Compare it! (Ok, if you're not familiar with it, it goes through two files and points out differences and allows integrate them easily.)

Also, on the freeware side, Jedit has a comparison plugin as well. And XML plugins, and it works very well with Python. Get Jedit here!

KDiff3 works awesomely - it allowd 3-way compare and merge which is very useful. Point the base to the original Civ file in program files, then B and C to the two files to be merged, pretty good at resolving conflicts as well).

A question though - why does the installer put the MOD into Program Files instead of My Games like it should? Any good reason for this?

Will you add the new "Battle for East Asia" units: MobileSAM and MobileArtillary that came with patch 1.52, or wait for Firaxis to add them in the next patch?

I thought I'd just say that every mod developer should look into this. If you plan to reskin units, don't just check the main list of units, check out the lost units and see if you can find something similar.

I keep coming back to this mod -- good stuff.

can someone tell me as to remove the possibility from the privateer to go to the ocean? because in 1000 already the whole world is known and is not for me a very realistic fact. I hope to have been clear and I apologize me for my language. hi to everybody:)

Top Bottom