Make stacking optional

ShadowWarrior

Prince
Although I hate 1 upt and have stopped playing Civ because of it, I do acknowledge that good arguments exist for it. May I suggest that we give players control over how many units are allowed on each tile when setting up games at the beginning. The choice wouldn't be a strict inflexible binary between 1 upt or unlimtied units per tile. Rather, we can pick the desired number from the drop down box (or we can simply type it in).

Of course, the question becomes if this is going to become a programming nightmare for the people making the game. Are there any programmers on this forum who might be able to give us some ideas of how difficult it would be?

No one here can speak accurately to the difficulty of programming anything in the game (since every game is different, uses different engines, etc.)

However, optional stacking sounds completely impossible to balance. 1UPT vs stacking has immense implications on everything from production costs to combat itself. There’s no way they can accommodate multiple options and have a cohesive game.

Top Bottom