1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Making building yields not stack?

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Question, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Question

Question Chieftain

I know buildings.xml contains data so that you cant build both a barracks and a stable at the same time, but i want to build both but not have the bonuses stack.

Is there a way to do this, like with regional buildings (Factories, etc)?

Also, where do you change the city center yield itself? All city centers automatically produce 2 food and 2 production, but i cannot find that defined anywhere...i want to try increasing it.

2. isau

isau Warlord

You'd need to test it but giving the Buildings a RegionalRange of 1 would probably do this for Amenities and Production (and also other Yields?--probably but I haven't tested them). It would probably not work for stuff added by the BuildingModifiers table like the extra XP to units, etc, unless there's a way I'm not aware of to make a Modifier only stack 1 time. That may be possible but I've never seen it in actual use.

Note there may be a workaround way for this, if you attach Modifiers to the Player (perhaps using a broadcast Modifier like MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER) and use a RequirementSet to check for the presence of the building before applying a bonus. I have no idea if that would work with Unit XP although it might because that is how I assume the Mapuche XP bonus in cities with governors is set up.

3. Question

Question Chieftain

Oh unit xp isnt an issue since stables/barracks are for seperate class of units anyway. Im more concerned about things like art muesuem/archaelogical muesuem stacking and GP points stacking.

4. isau

isau Warlord

I would probably handle this with the following technique:

1. Strip each of these stackable buildings of values found in Building_GreatPersonPoints and Building_YieldChanges. A simple SQL DELETE will handle this pretty easily.
    2. Create RequirementSets that examine cities for the combinations of buildings you want to stack. E.g. create a RequirementSet that looks for either a Barrack or a Stable.
    3. Create a broadcast Modifier of the MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER. Use the above RequirementSet as the SubjectRequirementSetId.
    4. Create a city-level modifier that actually applies the effects you deleted in Step 1. E.g. a Modifier that awards GPP to the city.
    5. Apply the broadcast Modifier to a specific player or to all players using the TraitModifiers table.

By doing it this way, you basically are using a RequirementSet as a "gateway" that unlocks the Modifier. Using a RequirementSetType of REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ANY allows it to trigger the first time a building in the group is constructed, but not again when a second or third etc. building in the set is added.

5. Infixo

Infixo Warlord