Map Editor for Mac

Elparm

Chieftain
Hi
New Member here.
Is there a map editor for Civ iii for Mac?
If so, where do I download it?
Thanks

I no expert with Mac,,,but Im sure the Editor works on it. The Editor is with your game.

I am sure that all 3 versions of CIV3 have an Editor with them...

I only have Conquests but I also have Editor for Vanilla and Conquests with it.

There is no Firaxis map editor on a Mac. That's one of if not the primary reason I run XP via Parallels on my Mac. Quintillus is developing a crossplatform editor. It already includes some mapping functions. He is working to include more. Try it out & post your questions and comments in that thread.

Searching this subforum with the keywords "map editor" yields quite a few threads - this question is one that comes up often. Here are some typical passages ...

2006 -
Is there an editor of any kind for Civ3 available in this package? I haven't been able to find a separate application for it-as I saw in a copy of the original Civ3 for Windows-and it doesn't seem that there's any form of scenario/map editor within the actual game.
No, the only scenario editor that exists for Mac OS X is the old Civ3 version 1.21g one released by MacSoft. Look around this forum for threads relating to it - some of them go back a long way. The scenarios you can build with it are limited to the capabilities of the version 1.21g game - no fixed start points for instance. You can open the scenarios it builds in version 1.29b2, but I have no ideal whether you can open them in PtW or Conquests.

2007 -
No, there is no Mac editor for C3C. The options are:

1. Use the vanilla (V1.21) editor, which doesn't know anything about a lot of the features of C3C, and can't set up civ starting positions. If you *really* want to get into this PM me and I may be able to help you find it.

2. If you have an Intel Mac you can use Parallels or Fusion, or you can run Virtual PC on a PowerPC Mac. These options will allow you to run a copy of Windows in a virtual machine on your Mac. Then you can download and run the Windows C3C editor, using your Mac installation's data files. There are details of this option in this sticky thread.

3. Just use a PC.

2010 -
I have C3C (1.29f) on a mac, and I'm not sure where the editor is. Maybe i'm stupid but does anyone know?
There ain't none. C3C was released without an editor. At all. But there is a project here at CFC to make an editor for the Mac version of C3C.
In either case, there was never an official editor, from MacSoft or from Aspyr.

As BlueMonkey says, there is an independent development in progress for Civ3 Complete ... and it's working pretty well, as long as you don't want to change the map. Follow his link.

If you have the MacSoft version of Civ3 Vanilla (the original, with no expansion packs), yes. AlanH can direct you to where to find that editor. It should work even if you have the expansion packs, if all you want is a map without the extras that the expansion packs provide (which is quite a bit).

Otherwise, no. But I am working on a Civ3 Scenario editor that will work on all common platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.). The map part will be the last part I will due as it's pretty complicated. Right now I have completed all the sections pertaining to the scenario rules, such that it is equal to the Conquests (Windows) editor's capabilities, minus the map, but I have not added safeguards to keep the user from creating scenarios that are completely illegal by Civ3's definition (ex. giving a unit a negative attack value). Those safeguards are the next priority, and sometime after that, the map support.

2012 -
Quintillus' editor is the best option you have.
Your only other choice is to run the Windows version of the Civ3 editor, but you need to be able to run Windows for that.

As posted above, the current version includes some mapping capabilities. Encourage Quintillus to add more features to his editor by using it & posting your thoughts.

Top Bottom