1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Map Editor for Mac

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by Elparm, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Elparm

Elparm Chieftain

Hi
    New Member here.
    Is there a map editor for Civ iii for Mac?
    If so, where do I download it?
    Thanks

2. MPK

MPK prince

I no expert with Mac,,,but Im sure the Editor works on it. The Editor is with your game.

I am sure that all 3 versions of CIV3 have an Editor with them...

I only have Conquests but I also have Editor for Vanilla and Conquests with it.

3. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

There is no Firaxis map editor on a Mac. That's one of if not the primary reason I run XP via Parallels on my Mac. Quintillus is developing a crossplatform editor. It already includes some mapping functions. He is working to include more. Try it out & post your questions and comments in that thread.

4. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Searching this subforum with the keywords "map editor" yields quite a few threads - this question is one that comes up often. Here are some typical passages ...

2006 -
    2007 -
    2010 -

2012 -
    As posted above, the current version includes some mapping capabilities. Encourage Quintillus to add more features to his editor by using it & posting your thoughts.