Map Editor

pugnovic

Chieftain
Hi guys I don't know if the section is right.

Anyway like the title of the discussion, I'm looking desperately for a Map Editor for Civ 6. Navigating to the internet I couldn't find much if not a Firetuner who I honestly can't really start from connecting that I have no idea how to upload my game on the program panels.

I'm looking for an ingame map editor to use while I'm playing like a Civ 5, for example, changing the terrain desert to prairie etc... during your game.

Please help me

The World Builder has officially not been released yet. There is a way how to use it, though, but it's very buggy and saved maps cannot be played erfforltessly. You can look up a tutorial how to still use it here. What's closest is probably using FireTuner to change ingame objects such as terrain or resources. This way.

thank you so much for the answer.

I've already seen this thread, I downloaded Civilization VI Development Tools from Steam, but the problem is I can't connect the FireTuner to the game. I understand how can to open the panels, I have to open the files from the debug folder of the game, but when i do it is all empty and the bottom line always shows the "disconnected" item.

Can you help me or give me a guide on how to connect the game to the FireTuner?

I'm not good at that either, but you have to go to appoptions.txt in your my games folder and change firetuner from 0 to 1 in order for it to work.

wooooooow great!!!

now works! I didn't know I had to change the code.

Thank you so much

Firaxis SERIOUSLY needs to release a World Builder/Scenario Editor soon. I love playing on maps that I made myself - it lets me put in all the things I love in a map (canals, choke points/mountain passes, large lakes, etc). Not only does it make map and scenario making a heck of a lot easier, but it's also a great entry point for beginner modders. I don't think Beyond Earth ever had one released, I hope that won't be the case with Civ6.

My opinion of FireTuner is that it strikes all the wrong notes. The IGE and probably a majority of mods qualify as "cheats." FireTuner just goes way too far - I don't care about spamming wonders, units, buildings, techs etc, so that I can win a game without ever playing it. All the game needs is a mapping mod, to adjust the notoriously, and chronically lousy maps. If I'm not in sight of tundra at the start of every game, I need only to move a few hexes before it appears. Starting locations are consistently terrible, with scant resources leading to dragged out development. The sadly missed IGE could remedy these issues, allowing a play to add a river, a few hills, removing desert or tundra. The absence of this only serves to produce growing tedium, waiting through loading times on re-roll after re-roll. Admittedly, I have watched tutorials by far better players than I who manage miraculous achievements on terrible maps but this requires detailed knowledge of tech boosts, bonuses atc, which would require the equivalent of a one term course at a university to learn. I don't have the time to learn to play at the "professional" level and I suspect most players are similar. .

Ya, I loved the world builder in Civ IV and it allowed you to just adjust a crappy start and go as opposed to needing to restart until you finally get something worth playing.

My favorite of those was to do a one city challenge on Deity with the option of having everyone at war with you. You give yourself a super city and a few Modern Armor and then just spend the game blowing away hordes of AI units while you tech towards the spaceship.

I just find it weird that it's not a standard part of the game or at least something that hasn't been dropped this long after the release.

All the game needs is a mapping mod, to adjust the notoriously, and chronically lousy maps.

Yup, sadly Civ VI standard maps aren't great. Not even close.

And although they may appear to be more balanced than Civ V or Beyond Earth they aren't. Many algorithms are pretty flawed (most notably the start locations which was fixed somewhat), river generation, etc. I have found several errors in the map generation logic when making my own mod map scripts.

Playing Civ VI you really have to let go of the idea of having balanced starts cos they're not. (The civs aren't particularly balanced either, so...)

Alas, so far, cannot change the terrain while actually in the game.

You can create a modified map based on a seed you like and make some changes, I did that with one map just to test.
But then you need a mod to allow you to actually load that map. sigh.

Firetuner is a bit finicky yes.

Top Bottom