1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Map Regeneration, how about you?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Razzlesnaff, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I regenerate when the start looks too similar to my last game. I want to play something different each time, and if I get another start with the same resources or near a desert (again), I'll play something else before taking that type on again.

2. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

If I settle my settler and then sees I am one tile from the coast I regenerate....Thats mainly the only reason for me to regenerate. I have found that resently the fickle gods of Civ have started an avalanche of bad starts for me and I have regenerated a map 3-4 times, because I started one tile from the coast and that just sucks.

3. Corneh

Corneh Warlord

hmm how about the opposite regenerating an awesome start? i once regenerated a 3 grassland gem start because i knew the game would become 2 easy with such a start

4. troytheface

troytheface Deity

one reload or one regeneration = loss in my games

consider regenerating cowardly and have had several ice city river archer rush kills with beaver and silver and whale.

5. blitzkrieg1980

blitzkrieg1980 Octobrist

Yeah... that's it. Nothing like measuring bravery by a turn-based-strategy game. :rolleyes:

6. Yngvi

Yngvi Chevalier du Tastevin

I play the game to have fun, not to measure my bravery or cowardice. If the start looks like a real pain, I redo it. Once I'm into the game, though, I don't like to reload.

7. Miselius

Miselius Chieftain

I'll usually keep on regenerating untill I get something decent and fun. Having a bad start usually results me getting bored soon and after all I just want to play for fun.