Map scripting improvements?

HazzMadd

Chieftain
Was the scripting for the basic maps in V upgraded with GaK?

Because every time I've ever played on continents it's been two distinct continentsneach with half the civs and half the city states on them.

But my first gods and kings game, my 'continent' was actually three sub continents separated by thin channels of water and a Caribbean like sea in the center, one ruled by celts (me) another by the swedes and the third by the Romans, and each had two city states. The other continent is one peace of land with five civs on it, the english, egyptionas, Indians, ottomans and Arabians, p,us all the remaining city states except for one on an island.

Much more interesting map then usual. :goodjob:

I've had a similar experience in a game I started in post patch vanilla civ v.
Just a few days ago I decided to play my last game in vanilla civ before I get the expansion this Friday and started a large continents game.
The map I got spawned me on a continent together with 2 other civs with peninsulas and thin chain of islands connecting to another island/subcontinent for Denmark. There is an uninhabited (save for cs-es) large island nearby and then a larger continent for other civs to the south east.
So, perhaps the patch improved map scripting or could just be fluke?

Yeah normal continents sucked and on small continents resources are scarce and sometimes you need to expand to some outrageous location on the other side of the planet to get some strategic resource. Fortunately, the AI still doesn't expand to islands very often. I also noticed the AI doesn't city spam in the very beginning anymore. Every civ in my current game had 1-2 cities when I had 4.

Top Bottom