Map shows up with 2 entries in Additional Content menu

Zoeff

Chieftain
While this doesn't seem to cause any immediate problems, it's probably best to figure out what I did wrong here. I've made 2 maps and they seem to show up as both a mod and a map when other maps from the workshop don't behave like this. I've tried switching off the "Package Map as a Mod" checkmark but that resulted in the map not showing up at all.

And no it's not the WorldBuilder or Mods folder. I've tested this on a separate machine and it shows up twice there as well.

I'm using this guide on steam to upload my maps:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1836201808

Here's 2 screenshots for reference:

Map files that are in the "\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\WorldBuilder" folder will show as "mods" in the additional content menu even if they are not part of any mod.

Check that you still have or do not have the original map file in the Worldbuilder saves folder. If so, copy this original file to somewhere else on your computer and delete the file in the Worldbuilder saves folder.

Unfortunately that isn't the issue, I've tested this on a separate machine and it shows up twice there as well. :(

If you click on the two copies of mod you should see that one is the mod as a mod and the other is the map itself. One of the "mods" shows itself as "Community Created Content" and the other shows itself as "Worldbuilder Map". This behavior appears to be normal.

To be honest this is the first time I've encountered this because I usually don't package any premade map I've created into a mod anymore and I generally don't download map mods off the workshop.

OK, I just downloaded a randomly-selected "map pack" mod from Steam, and the behavior is the same. Both the mod and the map itself show as items in the Additional Content "Mods" menu. What you are seeing is normal.

My guess is this behavior is intended by Firaxis to allow a user to choose just to play on the bare map or with the map + mod if the mod makes a bunch of changes to the game-rules (as in, the mod is a scenario).

Top Bottom