Map with lot of forest/plains?

c0pr4x

Warlord
I would like to know. It is possible to have a map with more forest/plains/bamboo/mountains/hills only?

In other words... i don't really like sands or scrub ect.. i like some.. but when i load a map (perfect mongoose or PW3) there always a lot of bad terrain and not enough good terrain.

I would like to know. It is possible to have a map with more forest/plains/bamboo/mountains/hills only?

In other words... i don't really like sands or scrub ect.. i like some.. but when i load a map (perfect mongoose or PW3) there always a lot of bad terrain and not enough good terrain.

Thats is EXACTLY what i was saying in another thread. I also, DONT like them.:mad:

In reference to these post, here is the changes i made, i got rid of the desert more, but now they are SALT Flats :mad:

Can someone PLEASE help me out on this, i want MORE grasslands/Lush, well just more green, and very very very little, Desert/Thundra/Perma/Snow stuff, thx.
(See attached)PerfectMongoose mapscript.

EDIT: OK, i see where the SaltFlat, was too much, so i changed it back to .03, but NOW it has too much Barren Land? Also i want to reduce the Water by over 50%, anyone???? pic 4

I try the map Arabia something... it's cool. But there's no desert at all... so some ressource i can't have.. and i think with this map there's a lot less ressource? I like Mongoose and PW3 because there a lot of ressource... but other map it look like there are less ressource... is that right?

Some information on how these thresholds work:
PW2 and 3 generate both a temperature map and a climate map.
The temperature map assigns a temperature value between 0 and 1 to each plot. You can set three thresholds:
self.TundraTemp3 = 0.1
self.PermafrostTemp3 = 0.05
self.SnowTemp3 = 0.0
Any plot with a temperature below SnowTemp is set to be ice (the 0.0 set there currently is actually not a value I'd recommend. It should be at least a small bit above 0 like 0.02 or so).
Any plot with temperature between SnowTemp and PermafrostTemp is set to permafrost. Similar if the temperature is between PermafrostTemp and TundraTemp the plot is tundra.

Anything above that temperature is determined with the climate map. There a slightly different approach is used that gives you more control over the actual amount of that type of terrain.
These are the settings:
self.SaltFlatsPercent3 = 0.03
self.DunesPercent3 = 0.08
self.DesertPercent3 = 0.15
self.ScrubPercent3 = 0.20
self.RockyPercent3 = 0.28
self.BarrenPercent3 = 0.35
self.PlainsPercent3 = 0.55
self.GrasslandPercent3 = 0.8
self.LushPercent3 = 0.9
self.MuddyPercent3 = 0.96

You will notice that they range from 0 to 1 with each being higher than the previous. That is because the differences count. For instance the difference between LushPercent and GrasslandPercent determines the amount of lush plots. In this case the difference is 0.1 so 10% of plots will be lush.

Some information on how these thresholds work:
PW2 and 3 generate both a temperature map and a climate map.
The temperature map assigns a temperature value between 0 and 1 to each plot. You can set three thresholds:

You will notice that they range from 0 to 1 with each being higher than the previous. That is because the differences count. For instance the difference between LushPercent and GrasslandPercent determines the amount of lush plots. In this case the difference is 0.1 so 10% of plots will be lush.

thats all good, but also how do i get it to be WAAAAAY less ocean, mostly land??

Also attached, how do i get rid of those snow/thundra upper and lower caps? see pic

Someone should do a new map with more balanced good terrain but with a lot of ressource!!!

Where can i change the stat of the map?? And how does it work?

Someone should do a new map with more balanced good terrain but with a lot of resources!!!

Where can i change the stat of the map?? And how does it work?

I am working on it, i can only work so much without hitting the Phaser button to blast everything away. jj

I wish C2C had another python person, i have from DH, an Add-On to any map, but needs to be carefully re-done, with time and patience, (thats what i mean about the Phaser Gun, just incase you were wondering:p

i don't know if it is because i'm not perfect in english... but i didnt understand ... haha

I also have a question about map types with the different terrains, I enjoy playing on a map with a lot of arid land (think the Sahara Desert or the planet Arrakis from Dune) but with rivers and flood plains like the Nile Valley. Other than going into worldbuilder on an already generated map is was just wondering how to get a heavily arid map to play on.

What I notice about maps like PW3, is that /every/ continent is like Australia. Huuuuuuuge desert in the middle, with strips of fertile land scrunched up against the coastlines. I agree, it has a negative impact on the gameplay, because huge chunks of every continent are unusable.

Hijack again:

Speaking of Forest, i believe where it says something about "A forest has grown" is whee the so called "rubber looking trees" are coming from?? Anyone know where they are pointing to??

I removed all the features of the terrain pertaining to features , ie evergreens, leafy stuff, even snowy stuff that we have, but its still "Green Looking Rubber Trees??

Top Bottom