1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MAPSCRIPT] Hemispherical Islands

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by ledat, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ledat

ledat Chieftain

This map script generates several random medium islands and/or snaky continents. It is in some ways like the output of the archipelago script that Hemiptera ported, using snaky or archipelago mode.

Given the scope of Colonization, I didn't like the fact that there were two polar regions, however. This script changes that: all the land is placed in one hemisphere. For example, a northern hemisphere map (you can choose southern if you prefer) will have a polar region at the far north. The land gets warmer as you go south, ending in a tropical jungle in the far south.

I've played a few games to completion with this script, but it could probably use more testing. I don't exactly know Python (though I have some modest C experience), so there are probably some bugs about :)

Attached Files:

2. shibdib

shibdib Chieftain

ill give it a try, thanks for the work