1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MAPSCRIPT] IceAge.py

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by TC01, Dec 28, 2009.

1. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

Some time ago, I created a tutorial called How to Convert a Civ 4 Mapscript to Civ 4 Col, and then released a conversion of Oasis.py as NorthAfrica.py". I later released another conversion, of Custom_Continents.py as Continents.py. So this is the third mapscript I've converted from Civ 4, and this is a conversion of "Ice_Age.py"- I took out the underscore from the name.

This mapscript has "lower" snow and tundra, and more water ice in the polar regions. I have actually made the map have more ice, snow, and tundra than the Civ 4 equivalent. The rest of the map has nearly no desert. The mapscript also can create four different landmass types- a large continent, narrow continents, islands, and smaller islands.

You should be able to use this mapscript with any mod.

Download here

Installation:

1. Unzip the files (a python file and a readme) to a temporary directory.

2. Copy the IceAge.py file into your Colonization/PublicMaps directory.

Credits:

-TC01

-Bob Thomas for making Ice_Age.py
    -Firaxis for making Civ 4

Screenshots:

There are four screenshots on the download page, of the different types of landmasses- large continent, narrow continents, islands, and small islands.