Mass Regicide

Trade-peror

UET Economist
Here is an interesting strategy, although it can only be used in Conquests:

For an epic game, check the option of "Mass Regicide" (but do NOT check "Regicide" as well!).

This allows you to begin with 7 (I think) kings. As each can move two spots, what a wealth of exploration is possible! And since it is Mass Regicide and not Regicide, losing one or two of the kings in the process of mapping the area is not too bad, since they ALL have to die before the game ends.

Playing as expansionist, you could end up starting with 8 scouts! City locations would be located quickly and early contacts made.

Of course, archipelago would reduce the effect of such a strategy, since a small island would not be difficult to scout out anyway.

Finally, and most interestingly, I once used all but one of my kings to "blockade" my enemy so that they could not expand! I ended up having to destroy Rome just by destroying the capital (although I had to kill 7 Caesars...:lol: )

You should leave at least one of yor kings in your capatial just in case. It is a good strategy though.

Pardon me, I don't quite understand, so please correct my interpretation if necessary.

Salamandre, are you saying that some other AI has 50 settlers waiting in galleys nearby, who will jump into the land vacuum created by the destruction of a civ?

If that is true, then yes, I do agree that it happens, and I also do think most civers (including I) hate seeing that kind of thing--where one AI is simply replaced by another. But mass-regicide is sometimes not that bad because of the settlers-galleys thing. Simply killing the king of other civs will terminate them immediately, and there will be no need to search every corner of the earth for the remaining refugees.

However, I do see how it sometimes feels "cheap" to win just by destroying their kings, who are always in one place--the capital.

Actually, the AI moves the kings to the first six cities it builds. Only if they have less cities will most or all of the kings be in the capital. Plus if you can reach there last king, they usually can't attack you. Just bring in settlers where you want them, kill the king, and you'll have your new cities before the other civs can react. Plus, if another civ does build a new city, you know that a resource will show up near there.:)

Top Bottom