1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Max amount of Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World of Civilization' started by VladDaImpaler, Jan 6, 2009.

1. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

Ok, so by default it is MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (how many different civilizations you can have in the map) is set to 36.. But as the game progresses, the time between turns takes FOREVER. The original is 18 i believe, which doesn't seem too bad.
    So i'm wondering if anyone who knows how to code can change the DLL to set MAX_CIV_PLAYERS to 18 [located in CvDefines.h]
    I've tried to do this all myself, looking at tutorials and such, but the code will simply not compile, i am not a c++ programmer, but i gave it a shot anyway.

I have yet to actually finish a game on this mod, either it started taking too long, or i'd just get constant crashes at a specific turn [even if i loaded game to earlier point], so hopefully with less civs it will allow me to finish a game.

Also, the reason why i want the number to be put down is because i LOVE the mod that gets barbarians to make their own minor civilization, but when the number gets sooo extremely high where i can't play anymore well.... thats no fun..

So if someone can please compile a new CvGameCoreDLL.dll for me, i'd be soo appreciative.
    -The Impaler [First post!]

2. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

somebody has got to know how to code and can simply compile a DLL for me(its all provided in the \Beyond the Sword\Mods\WoC 1.2\SDK\WoC.1669\)

I thought about just using one of the other DLLs and replacing it, but i doubt it'd work cause this one is WAYYY bigger than all the others (by like about 2mbs)

3. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

You want a dll with just 18 max civs?

4. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

yup... i need a new CvGameCoreDLL.dll with a max civ set to 18... not too hard IF you know how to program [i do, but a little from tutorials, but it just wont compile :( says it can't find boost\python\list.h]

I'd be soo appreciative!

5. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

ok i guess i wont get anybody to make me a new DLL... so, here's another question instead...
    what is the name of the module that turns Barbarians into minor Civs, because i remember looking through the revolutionary mod, and there was a xml file where i could tell that specific module what the MAX CIVs was (it can use the DLLs # or a user set number)
    If the Barbarian to Minor Civ module allows me to do the same thing, BAM problem solved :D
    If not, then... well i'm gunna be a sad sad panda :\

6. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

Vlad, I can't help you with a new DLL, but I believe the barbarianciv setting can be found in Assets/Python/Revolution/Revolution.ini
    Not xml, but ini, as far as I can remember it has always been an ini-setting.

7. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

very very awesome, thanks alot.. For some reason i thought it'd be in a xml files (like enabling and disabling modules) even though i'm used to editing ini's for a ton of other games