Max amount of Civilizations

VladDaImpaler

Chieftain
Ok, so by default it is MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (how many different civilizations you can have in the map) is set to 36.. But as the game progresses, the time between turns takes FOREVER. The original is 18 i believe, which doesn't seem too bad.
So i'm wondering if anyone who knows how to code can change the DLL to set MAX_CIV_PLAYERS to 18 [located in CvDefines.h]
I've tried to do this all myself, looking at tutorials and such, but the code will simply not compile, i am not a c++ programmer, but i gave it a shot anyway.

I have yet to actually finish a game on this mod, either it started taking too long, or i'd just get constant crashes at a specific turn [even if i loaded game to earlier point], so hopefully with less civs it will allow me to finish a game.

Also, the reason why i want the number to be put down is because i LOVE the mod that gets barbarians to make their own minor civilization, but when the number gets sooo extremely high where i can't play anymore well.... thats no fun..

So if someone can please compile a new CvGameCoreDLL.dll for me, i'd be soo appreciative.
-The Impaler [First post!]

somebody has got to know how to code and can simply compile a DLL for me(its all provided in the \Beyond the Sword\Mods\WoC 1.2\SDK\WoC.1669\)

I thought about just using one of the other DLLs and replacing it, but i doubt it'd work cause this one is WAYYY bigger than all the others (by like about 2mbs)

yup... i need a new CvGameCoreDLL.dll with a max civ set to 18... not too hard IF you know how to program [i do, but a little from tutorials, but it just wont compile :( says it can't find boost\python\list.h]

I'd be soo appreciative!

ok i guess i wont get anybody to make me a new DLL... so, here's another question instead...
what is the name of the module that turns Barbarians into minor Civs, because i remember looking through the revolutionary mod, and there was a xml file where i could tell that specific module what the MAX CIVs was (it can use the DLLs # or a user set number)
If the Barbarian to Minor Civ module allows me to do the same thing, BAM problem solved :D
If not, then... well i'm gunna be a sad sad panda :\

Vlad, I can't help you with a new DLL, but I believe the barbarianciv setting can be found in Assets/Python/Revolution/Revolution.ini
Not xml, but ini, as far as I can remember it has always been an ini-setting.

very very awesome, thanks alot.. For some reason i thought it'd be in a xml files (like enabling and disabling modules) even though i'm used to editing ini's for a ton of other games

Top Bottom