Merchant confederacy

Soronery

Prince
Does this seriously give a max of about 8-10 gold/turn? It requires 4 points in patronage to get.

It's the worst SP in the game, yeah.

There's others of similiar... "value", like +2 gold per your land route one. 16-20 gold max, and that's assuming you're drunk and forgot that such a thing as a "Cargo Ship" exists and it apparently gives twice as much stuff, or the +3 per trade route to other civs believing in Freedom policy, or +4 gold per cargo ship (not as bad, but still 40 gold very late in the game isn't good [it's IIRC the final policy of naval tree, which... is not really worth finishing, because all the good stuff is in the first two picks])

It's the worst SP in the game, yeah.

There's others of similiar... "value", like +2 gold per your land route one. 16-20 gold max, and that's assuming you're drunk and forgot that such a thing as a "Cargo Ship" exists and it apparently gives twice as much stuff, or the +3 per trade route to other civs believing in Freedom policy, or +4 gold per cargo ship (not as bad, but still 40 gold very late in the game isn't good [it's IIRC the final policy of naval tree, which... is not really worth finishing, because all the good stuff is in the first two picks])

The finisher is nice I suppose but man... lol. I thought I was missing something. Do you know how often a CS will grant a great person?

The finisher is nice I suppose but man... lol. I thought I was missing something. Do you know how often a CS will grant a great person?

Seems random. On my Morocco game where pretty much I had all CS allied on a standard map (Shaka ate some however), I got between 4-7 til my final era victory. One of them was a MoV though.

Really, the only point of this social policy to me is to make that freedom tenet that gives you 4 influence per turn for city states that you have a trade route with not so terrible.

Top Bottom