1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MIC - Idea & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by microbe, Jun 17, 2004.

1. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

Yes, this is the risk you have to take if you want to trade via an unsafe route. You are allowed (but discouraged) to make such trade.

I agree, so it's allowed in my rules. However, unless you are sure the civ entering your territory is looking for a sneak attack, you shouldn't demand it to leave, unless you are playing a defiant game. In any case, it's highly discouraged to do such trade in the first place.

2. gozpel

gozpel Couch-potato (fortified)

I'm with you there, even if it makes me feel kinda sick, doing it. But if the AI does it, so do I.

They never jumped palaces though, or ship-chained to conquer your island.

Common sense is good.

3. gozpel

Then define it.

4. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

Whether AI does it or not is actually not my concern. My concern is simply our reputation, i.e., the reputation to make future per-turn trade, MA, or RoP with the AI. :) Since declaring inside AI territory trashes RoP reputation, I disallow it here. Since declaring outside AI territory with an active RoP deal has no impact on RoP rep, it's allowed. If some day the game changes it, we'll change the rule too. :)

5. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

I added Note 3. Not sure if that is what you meant. I try to minimize the word count in my rules.

6. gozpel

Thank you, we are on the same level now. :)

I concur to all the rules.

7. gozpel

4 & 5 - Makes you my ally forever.

I just had to point that out. :)

8. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

If you never read this thread, I'd suggest you do it now. I've downloaded the modpack and it looks really fun. Those animal leaderheads are funny!

I cannot resist but decide to use this mod for a couple of my next games. :) Heck, I should have used it for Mic5.

9. el_filet

el_filet Chieftain

@gozpel
    I tought I could get a spot due to a dropout, but thanks for letting me play. Guess it's a matter of time until we play in the same SG :)

@Microbe
    I'd probably join when you start, but I wanna see first how it's going with the games I'm already in.

10. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

I added a rule about utilities:

Utilities and Trainer Programs:
    You are allowed to use mapstat for culture, pollution, happiness and trading opportunities only. You are not allowed to use flip or combat calculators. No utilities that provide spoiler information are allowed. If unclear, ask me.

Since I'm not familiar with all such utilities, you can always ask me if a particular one is allowed.

11. grs

grs nameless one

This is a very good rule imho. I think it takes tension from the game if you know the %chance your sword will kill that spear. To me it is enough to know how the chances are roughly.

12. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

I'm going to make my next SG on the zoomod. It's a mod that replaces leaderheads with animals. Very cool.

The download is 80M, so you probably need a broadband. I'm posting to get a feel how many people can make it, then decide what to play. Probably a big map?

I just love the mod and want to play it. :)

If you are interested please let me know.

13. el_filet

el_filet Chieftain

my sg are going slower then i expected, i'd like to join more. but it depends on the other rules you're going to play with. rarely played on big maps with many foes (takes too long), like the idea to do it in an SG.

14. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

I know there has been a long time but didn't realize there was 2 months of inactivity in this thread. :eek:

Anyway, I don't have plan to start a new game in the very near future, as I have too many other SGs going on and I expect LKendter will keep me busy for a while. :) Things could change at any moment though.

15. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

As I mentioned in another thread:

Mic8 was such an attempt. I really like the passive concept.

I do not have many new ideas at this moment. We can replay Mic3 or Mic7 with some different settings, but I do not feel obligated to start new games soon.

16. bed_head7

bed_head7 Chieftain

If you were to replay Mic7, with no units whatsoever, and at Demigod or Deity, I would join that instead of joining up in Gr4.

17. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

OK, I am thinking Deity and 60% pangea. One thing I am not sure is if we allow warriors as MP and fighting barbs (so we can try expansionist civ on this map).

18. bed_head7

bed_head7 Chieftain

If we stick with roaming barbs, I would go expansionistic and no MP. If we go higher, we'll need MP. I would prefer roaming and expansionistic.