Minor time bug

Crusis

Warlord
I am playing a game on eternity. About 2,800BC the year suddenly changed to about 9,600 AD. I say about because I didn't notice it right away. I played that way for a long time, the clock progressed normally thereafter and gameplay was otherwise unaffected.

I saved the game and reloaded it the next day, when I did the time had reset to the proper year.

Minor bug, very irrelevant, I only report it in case it impacts anything else.

Sorry, I don't have a printscreen. It looks like an ordinary game in every way, except the date is off.

I am playing a game on eternity. About 2,800BC the year suddenly changed to about 9,600 AD. I say about because I didn't notice it right away. I played that way for a long time, the clock progressed normally thereafter and gameplay was otherwise unaffected.

I saved the game and reloaded it the next day, when I did the time had reset to the proper year.

Minor bug, very irrelevant, I only report it in case it impacts anything else.

Sorry, I don't have a printscreen. It looks like an ordinary game in every way, except the date is off.

That is because during V24 development I moved the start date from 12000BC to 50,000 BC, and the modifier recalculation does not take that into account when you update. It is a known issue, my advice would be either ignore it or start a new game.

So this is why it's 2460 AD on turn 789 of a snail game. It won't cause some sort of wraparound crash or similar later on, when the year goes really high? And if it's a known issue, why would starting a new game help? The latest patch doesn't seem to fix it, as I had it installed when I started the current game.

So this is why it's 2460 AD on turn 789 of a snail game. It won't cause some sort of wraparound crash or similar later on, when the year goes really high? And if it's a known issue, why would starting a new game help? The latest patch doesn't seem to fix it, as I had it installed when I started the current game.
It can't fix it because the old start date is stored in the savegame. The main reason for that is that scenarios can define their own start date (but those who do usually use another calendar mode).
But apart from displaying the wrong year there won't be any serious change of game behavior and the years don't get large enough for any wraparound issue.

So if I start a new game which isn't a scenario (I play Giant Earth map, pre columbian atm.), it'll be more normal?

But anyway, I can just ignore it in my current game then, thanks :)

Top Bottom