missing .dll's

ebb_18

Chieftain
i have installed civ 3 many times, but still get the same error when i go to start the game missing binkw32.dll, any ideas or can any1 send the required file??

Cheers.

email ebb_18@hotmail.com

I have the same problem so if anyone can fix it for me please send me the same file. thanks.

elaffoy@eircom.net

ok when i download this bink thing where do i save it to.

Just save it to Desktop, install etc.

You could alternatively just rename/delete the opening movie to something else - this way it'll skip and take you to the main screen.

Hope this helps,
Kiy

ok i'll give it a go and post back later. thanks

hmmm. i get the impression that the intro movie isnt the problem. i installed the new player and got the same result. when i renamed the movie (which was working under the new player) the start up gave me the same message.

Thanks for the time.

if its anything to anybody the editor is working and its just running the game that is the problem.

Drastic step here.... how about taking out *all* of the movies? Maybe it's not the intro movie but another one.

Okay next thing - how many binkw32.dll files do you have on your system, and where? What's the system specs?

Did you try to replace the binkw32.dll in the folder you installed Civilization III into with the binkw32.dll located on the CD in the \Bink\Win2k folder. (or relevant sub-folder)

Regards,
Kiy

i tried the deleting all movies thing and it hasn't worked.
replacing the old bink file with the new bink file was already done to no avail.
the system is up to the job.
p3 500
128 kbps
loads of gigs.

the only binkw32.dll files are...
1) on the CD in the computer and
2) in the folder i installed the game.

Top Bottom