Missing Resources for Resource Hungry Units

LFRANK

Semper Fidelis!
So there I was in a late mid-game playing Korea and wanting to make some tanks. Only one issue, I had no oil. Was able to grab 100 barrels from Nubia for 1000g and then make them. Turns continue and suddenly I'm low on oil. I try to buy more and now Nubia wants nearly 8000g for 10 barrels while everyone else only has a barrel or two they won't sell. Great, I think, those units are toast. But it never happens. I get Low Oil warnings every turn and yet the tanks don't lose any strength, I don't lose any of them after several turns, and now I'm confused.

What actually happens when you get low resource warnings for units (tanks, armor, artillery, etc.) that need resources per turn?

Right now it looks to me that you definitely need the resources to make the units, but after that nothing happens. The resources are consumed if you have them but lack of them doesn't affect the units.

Units get a combat strength modifier (negative) plus they are unable to heal.

So there I was in a late mid-game playing Korea and wanting to make some tanks. Only one issue, I had no oil. Was able to grab 100 barrels from Nubia for 1000g and then make them. Turns continue and suddenly I'm low on oil. I try to buy more and now Nubia wants nearly 8000g for 10 barrels while everyone else only has a barrel or two they won't sell. Great, I think, those units are toast. But it never happens. I get Low Oil warnings every turn and yet the tanks don't lose any strength, I don't lose any of them after several turns, and now I'm confused.

What actually happens when you get low resource warnings for units (tanks, armor, artillery, etc.) that need resources per turn?

Right now it looks to me that you definitely need the resources to make the units, but after that nothing happens. The resources are consumed if you have them but lack of them doesn't affect the units.

I was in a similiar situation, I observed that once my stockpile went below the number I needed (so was consuming 6y per turn but had 4) it seemed to have become stuck on that level, but I did have the negative penalty modifier though.

Units get a combat strength modifier (negative) plus they are unable to heal.

Now that you mention it, I did notice some units failed to heal. Did not see a strength modifier though, probably missed it as I was in the middle of a massive push through enemy territory.

Thx all. I'll look at little closer next time it happens.

Top Bottom