Mixed Multiplayer Modes?

diglett

Chieftain
Does anyone know if it's possible to mix online modes of play? Specifically I'd like to speed up the early game of a play by email match by using direct connect for the first 10-20 turns.

I was able to open a PBEM save file in the start a direct connect game menu, but have not had anyone try to play yet.

If this works, I think this would take away a lot of the tedium of moving a settler one space or waiting for production in the early game.

I have been successful at doing this.

A buddy of mine and myself started a multiplayer game online (using Direct IP Connection), and were able to convert it to pbem. Even moreso, I believe we can switch it back to multiplayer at any time (like Friday nights when we both have a few hours to play together).

A few notes:
-- I think the trick is the way you open a game. If you have an online game to convert, save it as normal, then put in your pbem saves folder, then go thru the Civ menu to PBEM game and open it that way.
-- It will not prompt for passwords. Not sure if there is a way to make them a part of the pbem after its been started as multiplayer.

Hope that helps.... :)

Top Bottom