Mob Rule: of Tree Huggery

Gezeder said:
I agree, MP games are a very usefull test of balance.

Damn shame sample sizes are so small and there's so many other factors.

If we could just have a few thousand MP test games run with 8 or so equal players on the same settings, we'd be set eh? :)

Still, it's the best we've got really. Hopefully time will tell.

Gezeder
You only need a relatively small number of samples for chi square but obviously the more samples you have the more statistical power you get.

*re-aquiring discussion target* :scan:

um, how exactly do you plan to use chi square...?

ok, I see where you getting at... there might be details to discuss though (like if it makes sense to put all civs into the table instead of comparing just two, and other things), but it's only theoretical as long as we don't have the data...

Unser Gifzwerg said:
You write great posts.

regarding the siege issue ... I never hear magic mentioned. I almost never build them. (siege units) Fireballs and especially Plagues and conjured critters are much more mobile and you don't have to build a new unit every time you use one.

Of course, I think if we did away with the mid/end game doledrums, we'd perhaps see more variety of units make it to combat. You might, for example, need siege units NOW, not having the luxury of time for your Adepts to experience-up. :shrug:

You're no slouch yourself. :D

In any case, I find collateral damage to be much more useful for cracking cities than bombardment. I don't have the exact statistics to support this, but I believe that collateral damage is maxed for meteors/fireballs at 50%. If this is true, and if I was forced to choose between collateral damage and bombardment, it would be better to hurl fireballs/meteors at the city defenses until collateral damage is maxed, unless the city has above 100% city defense. In truth, though, the promotions that city defenders can get makes this somewhat less effective. Still, in a city up to 75% or so defense, I'll stick with my meteors. Siege engines are probably a tiny bit more nerfed than they need to be in this mod.

Top Bottom