[MOD] FexFX - Bigger & Longer

Been playing my first full game on FX-Grand for a while now (pre v1.0 mod) but i must say, I LOVE IT!
This was just what civ needed! It's been my most fun civ game so far.
And the new version sounds even better :)
I think your mod will be the way to play for quite a while :) I mixed it with a few other mods like random events, lost wonders and lost units. cIV just became a whole lot more interesting :) Thanx to this great mod!

SethAdarion said:
heh, i thought it said FedEX at first look. I'm so brainwashed! :mischief:

I have learned to just overlook that, so common that it happens all the times in forums! So often people reply with all seriousness to "FedEx" I've even had people add a phantom hyphen in there "Fed-Ex"!
Heheh

My Last name is Fex.
I tinker with visual FX in 3d rendering as a hobby.

Mystery solved.
:p

Defectiv said:
Been playing my first full game on FX-Grand for a while now (pre v1.0 mod) but i must say, I LOVE IT!
This was just what civ needed! It's been my most fun civ game so far.
And the new version sounds even better :)
I think your mod will be the way to play for quite a while :) I mixed it with a few other mods like random events, lost wonders and lost units. cIV just became a whole lot more interesting :) Thanx to this great mod!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!
:)
Version 1.0 is looking for testers still, It's found two so far...the more the merrier!
The ONLY problem...is that you might not be able to mix as much with 1.0 as you used to...
The extra great person names for example modifies the Units file which makes it incompatible with anything else that modifies the units...

FexFX said:
Glad to hear you are enjoying it!
Version 1.0 is looking for testers still, It's found two so far...the more the merrier!
The ONLY problem...is that you might not be able to mix as much with 1.0 as you used to...
The extra great person names for example modifies the Units file which makes it incompatible with anything else that modifies the units...

Well after this game i'll try 1.0 for sure, should be within the week
I will start looking into the files to see how i can add stuff myself, wanted to understand it anyhow so i could start modding small stuff (like extra units) in future.
But your right, it wont be as simple to add them as it was.

Defectiv said:
Well after this game i'll try 1.0 for sure, should be within the week
I will start looking into the files to see how i can add stuff myself, wanted to understand it anyhow so i could start modding small stuff (like extra units) in future.
But your right, it wont be as simple to add them as it was.

There are some interesting tools out there that allow you to find changes and merge files...
Do a search and you should find the tools needed...heck I kknow there are threads here and at Apolyton on just this subject!

1.52?...
Huh?
OH MY GOD THERE'S ANOTHER PATCH!
!!!!

Looks like a good one!
Must Grab asap!
YAY!

I'll have to recode my second mod I am sure, but it wont take long to do!

A Game with REAL support!

Is this mod still necessary? I was using it, but now with the new Marathon mode it looks like it might not be needed anymore? Are there still benefits to using this mod that we could be filled in on?

Yeah it is, Marathon has 1100 turns or something, but EVERYTING is slowed down, including unit production.

So all marathon is, is a REAL slow version of epic which is just a slower version of standard...

Thats not what we (i) want, i want more interesting early and middle wars, and with increased unit cost that doesnt change ...

Cropper said:
Is this mod still necessary? I was using it, but now with the new Marathon mode it looks like it might not be needed anymore? Are there still benefits to using this mod that we could be filled in on?

Definitely needed...
Marathon uses straight multiplication and simply sets all numbers to double what they were in Epic...this means everything takes twice as long to do!
The only non-linear change they made was in reducing the cost of of unit production in epic to 125% and then 200% in Mammoth. This does allow for more units, but virtually everything else is set to a flat 300%

Whats even more funny about this is that they changed the length of the "NORMAL" game speed from 440 to 460, so while 1200 used to be 300% of 440 it is only 260% of 460 and therefore 300% is a number without a rational relationship now.
:crazyeye:

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I am about to post the new version of my mod in this forum in a brand new thread...once you see the extent of the changes and the details of the changes in the new version of my mod I think you'll see that it is still alive and well!
:goodjob:

Dunno, why no one asked before...

Will there be an update to 1.61.

Because with 1.61 they changed the speeds...

Top Bottom