mod issue

rikucritics

Chieftain
well, first of all sorry about my bad english, im spanish XD.

my issue is this, I`ve made a mod, it just adds a new civilization that is very simple and do not add any new graphics or anything, the issue is that when I start the game, load the mod and search for my custom civilization, it is not anywhere.

and i don´t know why mi mod didn´t runs well. im going to send you the mod file and the logs... thanks for all guys.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    3.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Mod.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
Moderator Action: Welcome to Civfanatics! The Utility Programs section is for completed utility programs only. All queries and requests for help go in the main Creation and Customisation forum. I've moved this thread to there.

well, your database log file does not look at all like you are going through the mods menu for anything, nor are there any errors being reported therein, which if the mod is actually enabled there should be several such errors being reported in the game's database.log if you actually have error logging enabled: whoward69's enable error logging tutorial

One hint from looking at your mod is that the trait you are defining here:
Code:
<Type>TRAIT_O_BO_CAMINO</Type>
is not the one to which are referencing here:
Code:
<Leader_Traits>
	<Row>
		<LeaderType>LEADER_FEIJOO</LeaderType>
		<TraitType>TRAIT_NIMBLE_FEET</TraitType>
	</Row>
</Leader_Traits>
Nor does the trait's TXT_KEYS as you are defining them in your <Traits> table match to these:
Code:
	<Language_en_US>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_TRAIT_NIMBLE_FEET">
			<Text>Las unidades se mueven por terreno abrupto igual que por terreno llano. +25% a la experiencia en combate. +50% a la generacion de grandes personajes. -25% al coste de mantenimiento de unidades terrestres. -25% al tiempo de construccion de edificios en ciudades. +250% a la duracion de edades de oro. +500% a la produccion de grandes escritores durante las edades de oro. +25% al combate contra unidades de imperios mas grandes o con mayor tecnologia. +25% a la velocidad de construccion de los trabajadores.</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_TRAIT_NIMBLE_FEET_SHORT">
			<Text>O Bo Camino</Text>
		</Row>
	</Language_en_US>
Since you are not getting the errors these mistakes ought to be causing in the database.log, you are either not enabling the mod or are not enabling error logging.

And leader scene files are never given an UpdateDatabase action as you have here:
Code:
<UpdateDatabase>XML/GameInfo/Leader_Scene_FEIJOO.xml</UpdateDatabase>
And if you are running the game in Espanol you ought to be seeing errors for missing TXT_KEY references which do not exist in table <Language_ES_ES>

When you say "it is not anywhere" do you mean that the mod is not visible in the Mod Browser screen.

Or that when you enable it in the Mod Browser screen and click Next it is not on the list on the following screen

Or when you click Single Player at the top of that screen and then Setup Game, that your civilization is not in the list of playable leaders/civs

Edit: PC or Mac? Vanilla/G&K/BNW? What game version (number displays at the bottom of the Main Menu screen)

Top Bottom