Mod load re-ordering tool (attempt)

Is this an interesting tool?

• No, useless garbage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it's fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but way too hacky... Can you make a GUI?

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Tryford

Chieftain
Hi everyone. First thread ever on these forums.

So, I had issues where mods loading in the wrong order would cause various issues.

After investigation, I noticed the following:
- Mods depending on others are loaded after their dependency
- Mods with the same load order priority (shared dependencies) tend to be loaded from oldest to latest (checking "Last modified" time & date of the modinfo file)

My somewhat simple & hacky solution is this "tool": a BAT script that adds a new line at the end of certain modinfo files

HOW IT WORKS
The script is given the path to the Mods folder and looks for all MODINFO files it can find in there.
Then, the script check if the file name's contain a key string (my example are JFD's mods, which contains "JFD" in their name).
If it does, a new line is added at the end of the file
This addition makes them "latest modified" and will (most probably) be loaded last

HOW TO USE
Download the attached file.
Put it next to your Mods folder (OUTSIDE the Mods folder).
Open the file with a text editor and change the key string (Line 5: 3rd string saying "JFD" right now)
Change its name for "Reorder.bat". Yes, you need to change its extension. (This forum rightfully blocks BAT files from being shared, hence the dummy extension.)
Start Civ5
Go to the mod selection menu (to make sure everything is up to date if you subscribed from Steam Workshop)
Go back to the main screen
Tab out and launch the script
Go back to the mod selection menu ("bumped" mods should be de-selected now. You need to re-select them)
Select your mods & start your game.

Attachments

• Reorder_bat_dummy.txt
    666 bytes · Views: 100
Last edited:
Top Bottom