[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

I guess you already know this but incase you don't: My Mil russian choppers (mig 21 chopper I think you call it)

wery glad to hear u r enjoing playing my mod :) any screens are welcome.
MIG and MIL are different ogranizations ( MIkoyan and Gurevich ( two surs ) is MIG and MIL is surname of the guy who made first choppers in the SU, so, MI24 is the chopper u built up first ).
yes, i know it gives a lot of expirionce, i will fix it when i fugure out where is should be fixed, lol :)))

Hey MaxRiga,
I gots some Unit Buttons for you not all but some I will send them to you with all my other stuff.

I've enjoyed seeing you add almost all of my units to this great mod, and finally got around to playing a game or 2 this week. That said, it's even more impressive now. However, I do have some suggestions on the units front.

-The A7V should only be the German WW1 tank. Use my Renault FT17 for all countries other than Germany and Great Britain. It was widely used and copied all over the world. The Whippet is OK to use for Britain, but it would be better to use the MK V that came with the game (you can find it under the scenario file under the units directory). If you're dying to use the Whippet, Then give it to Britain as a special UU w/ different abilities (- 25% vs tanks, +25% vs infantry, for example).

-For your WW2 armor, check out some of the different tanks available. You have the standard Pather tank that ships with the game as the normal German tank (which is good, it was a great tank). However, you also have it for the heavy German unit as well (Nautil's model I believe). It would be better if you changed it to Sharicks Tiger II (this thread) or Nautil's Tiger I (this thread).

-From a technical standpoint, make sure you are linking your new units with the correct .kfm files. For example, the A7V should be using the standard tank animations, not the modern armor ones. The Russo-Balt should also use the Mechanized Infantry animations, not the Erhardt ones. Little changes like this make big impacts in the game (the units work, but the sounds and things don't match up anymore when it points to the wrong .kfm).

Overall, I really love this mod, and plan to play it much more (I've yet to get to a modern era where I can use my modern tanks). Keep up the good work!

hey, really glad u like the mod, probably more of ur units will make the mod better ;)

It would be better if you changed it to Sharicks Tiger II (this thread)

agreed ...changed on shariks tiger

the A7V should be using the standard tank animations, not the modern armor ones. The Russo-Balt should also use the Mechanized Infantry animations

redone

The A7V should only be the German WW1 tank. Use my Renault FT17 for all countries

i leave it as it is so far ( since i'm using renault as ww2 tank for south america ) but thx for letting me know it

MaxRiga said:
k, waiting for it
i've managed buttons for cities, so, now planes with planes, tanks with tanks etc

I will also get more buttons cuz it is always so hard to find the plane you are looking for in world builder when doing something.

I must say I've enjoyed this so far. There are a few annoying spelling errors, though they can be fixed pretty quickly manually. Also, as was mentioned above, getting the unit's sounds, animiations etc working properly can really add to the mod's character. And, sadly, this is something that most of us non-modders can't fix ourselves, so it is good to see you have that under control. Good fun though. You really won me over when Canada nuked France in my latest game! Hilarious. Keep up the good work guys.

I must say I've enjoyed this so far

really glad to hear that !

though they can be fixed pretty quickly manually

sure, just tell me what's that :)))

You really won me over when Canada nuked France in my latest game!

mother russia there ;)

Hilarious. Keep up the good work guys.

making 1961 scenario for 18 civs right now, australia in as seporate nation :)

MaxRiga said:
making 1961 scenario for 18 civs right now, australia in as seporate nation :)

Ahh, excellent. Australia and New Zealand together? ANZAC troops?
Oh, I'm fairly sure you would want to name that barb city in central Australia 'Alice Springs' rather than 'Sakae', and 'Perch' is most definately 'Perth'. You may want to change 'Chinook' to 'Darwin', and 'New Zeland' is correctly spelled 'New Zealand'. While we are at it, 'New Guenea' just North of Australia, is 'New Guinea'. I'll get you a list of those English spelling errors soon if you like. ;)

Thanks for the mod!

Edit : corrected ANZAC.

Ahh, excellent. Australia and New Zealand together? ANZAZ troops?

i can make ANZAS as UU for australia
is it infantr or special forces unit?

I'll get you a list of those English spelling errors soon if you like.

yes, please ! :)))

Oh, I'm fairly sure you would want to name that barb city in central Australia 'Alice Springs' rather than 'Sakae', and 'Perch' is most definately 'Perth'. You may want to change 'Chinook' to 'Darwin', and 'New Zeland' is correctly spelled 'New Zealand'. While we are at it, 'New Guenea' just North of Australia, is 'New Guinea'

ok, all done! :))))

ADDED -

new screens of 1961 scenario for 18 civs ( will be released with maxrigamod5 in couple of weeks )

Attachments

• austral.JPG
    austral.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 169
  • congo.JPG
    congo.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 173
  • indonesia.JPG
    indonesia.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 157
MaxRiga said:
i can make ANZAS as UU for australia
is it infantr or special forces unit?

'ANZAC' - Australian New Zealand Army Corp. Something similar to the Canadian Expeditionary force. Maybe same strength as that unit, but starts with the Guerilla I promotion rather than Woodsman? There are other alternatives, but this would be the simplest, and most accurate, for all three scenarios.
new screens of 1961 scenario for 18 civs ( will be released with maxrigamod5 in couple of weeks )

Terrific, looks good. Oh. Australia has an enormous traditional wool industry, 60,000,000 sheep and counting. Maybe a 'sheep' somewhere outside Sydney? ;)
English corrections on the way in the next few days.

'ANZAC' - Australian New Zealand Army Corp. Something similar to the Canadian Expeditionary force.
k, it will be infantry with Guerilla promotion :)))

Terrific, looks good. Oh. Australia has an enormous traditional wool industry, 60,000,000 sheep and counting. Maybe a 'sheep' somewhere outside Sydney?

playing by australia ( 1973 already ) i found it's EXTREAMLY hard to rise economy there. so, i better add two more "sheeps" somewhere on the island!

MaxRiga said:
k, it will be infantry with Guerilla promotion :)))

playing by australia ( 1973 already ) i found it's EXTREAMLY hard to rise economy there. so, i better add two more "sheeps" somewhere on the island!

Sounds good. (If it helps, NZ had a significant whaling industry!)

Here's a list of English corrections.
N. America:
San Fransiko to San Fransisco (1901, 1941, 1961)
Housten to Houston (1901, 1941, 1961)

S. America :
Beunos Airos to Beunos Aires (1901)
Fartaleza to Fortaleza (1901, 1941, 1961)
Rio De Janeiro to Rio de Janeiro (1901)
French Gueneya to French Guinea (Guiana) (1901)
Map suggestions only, feel free to ignore:
Minoan to Santa Cruz (1901)
Kassite to Santiago (1901)
Hun to French Guinea (Guiana) (1941, 1961)

Africa :
Zair to Zaire (1901, 1941, 1961)
Madagaskar to Madagascar (1901, 1941, 1961)
Efiopia to Ethiopia (1901)
Libyan to Mozambique (1901)
Zambia to Tanzania OR Kenya. (1901, 1941, 1961)
'South Africa' 1941, 1961 - Durban should be where 'East London' sits.

Europe:
Edinburg to Edinburgh (1901, 1941, 1961)
Athenas to Athens (1901)
Istambul to Istanbul (1901, 1941, 1961)
Afganistan to Afghanistan (1901)
Map suggestion :
Goteburg to Denmark OR Copenhagen (1901 only)

Asia:
Bejing to Beijing (1901, 1941, 1961)
Map suggestion :
Japan 1901, 1941, 1961. 'Nagasaki' should be where 'Yokogama' sits on your maps. 'Sopporo' should replace the old Nagasaki in the North.

1901 - on mouse roll overs the Swedish Empire is referred to as the 'Swidish Empire'. This is funny, but inaccurate. ;)
1961 - M. Tatcher (Gt. Britain) should be M. Thatcher.

Best of luck with the mod.

Me thinks i found a bug. I am trying your mod out in the play now mode as Churchill and for some reason i cant make Settlers. im not sure if you took them out of senarios and it took for evreything or what but ths cant be a good thing.

gmanne said:
Sounds good. (If it helps, NZ had a significant whaling industry!)

Here's a list of English corrections.
N. America:
San Fransiko to San Fransisco (1901, 1941, 1961)
Housten to Houston (1901, 1941, 1961)

S. America :
Beunos Airos to Beunos Aires (1901)
Fartaleza to Fortaleza (1901, 1941, 1961)
Rio De Janeiro to Rio de Janeiro (1901)
French Gueneya to French Guinea (Guiana) (1901)
Minoan to Santa Cruz (1901)
Kassite to Santiago (1901)
Hun to French Guinea (Guiana) (1941, 1961)

Africa :
Zair to Zaire (1901, 1941, 1961)
Madagaskar to Madagascar (1901, 1941, 1961)
Efiopia to Ethiopia (1901)
Libyan to Mozambique (1901)
Zambia to Tanzania OR Kenya. (1901, 1941, 1961)
'South Africa' 1941, 1961 - Durban should be where 'East London' sits.

Europe:
Edinburg to Edinburgh (1901, 1941, 1961)
Athenas to Athens (1901)
Istambul to Istanbul (1901, 1941, 1961)
Afganistan to Afghanistan (1901)
Map suggestion :
Goteburg to Denmark OR Copenhagen (1901 only)

Asia:
Bejing to Beijing (1901, 1941, 1961)
Map suggestion :
Japan 1901, 1941, 1961. 'Nagasaki' should be where 'Yokogama' sits on your maps. 'Sopporo' should replace the old Nagasaki in the North.

1901 - on mouse roll overs the Swedish Empire is referred to as the 'Swidish Empire'. This is funny, but inaccurate. ;)
1961 - M. Tatcher (Gt. Britain) should be M. Thatcher.

Best of luck with the mod.

huh, lot of stuff to fix .. going to do it , no other choise :)))

Me thinks i found a bug. I am trying your mod out in the play now mode as Churchill and for some reason i cant make Settlers. im not sure if you took them out of senarios and it took for evreything or what but ths cant be a good thing.

there are no settlers available in maxrigamod same as some other units

Wait MaxRiga,
Instead why don't you just change some middle east cities to countries along with Europe and also you might consider renaming Us Cities to states, California, etc. (San Fransisco is wayyyy to north.)

MaxRiga said:
huh, lot of stuff to fix .. going to do it , no other choise :)))

When you consider you have created three scenarios and a mod to run them, there aren't too many errors at all. ;)
BTW - why did you have nations start with a few 'un-buildable' units? (1901)IE. Germany has 3 A7V tanks, but not the technology to build anymore. Everybody seems to have at least one early fighter too - yet 'Wings' technology is years away.
I have got to congratulate you though. Canada has continued its insane atomic policy nuking Great Britain and irradiating half the planet! Good fun.

All the best

I have got to congratulate you though. Canada has continued its insane atomic policy nuking Great Britain and irradiating half the planet! Good fun.

repeating once again - mother russia here ! :)))))
hint - i'm not canadian, lol

Instead why don't you just change some middle east cities to countries along with Europe and also you might consider renaming Us Cities to states, California, etc. (San Fransisco is wayyyy to north.)

middle east cities are renamed but i will keep US cities names ( same as russian, chines and s.american )

BTW - why did you have nations start with a few 'un-buildable' units?

because i had to make this countries more powerful then others.

Top Bottom