[mod] simple reminders

Just curious -- is this mod ok for use with BtS? I know it's part of the BUG and can be disabled via the BUG's option screen, but I didn't want to install the entire BUG mod, just to get this feature.

Thanks.

No, I'm afraid this won't work straightaway in BtS because there are hard-coded paths in CvEventManager.py and CvUtil.py that need to be updated to BtS directories.

But feel free to give it a shot yourself :). I'd suggest grabbing CvCustomEventManager.py and CvUtil.py from the BUG mod and using WinMerge with them to edit the original simple reminder files. I wrote a short WinMerge tutorial in this post in case that would help. I'm not really sure how the BUG folks integrated the stuff in reminder.py, but maybe you can ask over there in their development thread. Good luck!

No, I'm afraid this won't work straightaway in BtS because there are hard-coded paths in CvEventManager.py and CvUtil.py that need to be updated to BtS directories.

But feel free to give it a shot yourself :). I'd suggest grabbing CvCustomEventManager.py and CvUtil.py from the BUG mod and using WinMerge with them to edit the original simple reminder files. I wrote a short WinMerge tutorial in this post in case that would help. I'm not really sure how the BUG folks integrated the stuff in reminder.py, but maybe you can ask over there in their development thread. Good luck!

Thanks, jray -- that looks like an incredibly useful little program!

Top Bottom