[NFP] Modbuddy REFUSE to generate .dep file

Windflier

Chieftain
So I was making a new unique building, and I want to import a custom history moment image into the mod.
So I did the usual workflow:
1、made a DDS image file with Uncompressed Format and Kaiser Filter
2、launched the AE and make a new Userinterface Texture with this DDS file
3、made a new UITexture class xlp and put the texture into it
4、edited the Art.xml and put the xlp's package name into the UITexture library

It should all be done, and I built the solution.
And I launched the game, then I found out the image doesn't show in the game.
I looked into the mod file, then I found out the .dep file doesn't even exist!
I spent like half a day trying to fix this issue, and no, no matter how harder I try, it just never generate the dep file into the mod.
The ONLY thing I can think of is the cooker.log, it seems like the cooker has some problem:
Code:
Starting AssetCooker...
Argument '--shaders' has been deprecated and is no longer used.
XLP cook starting...
D:\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Civilization VI\ScarletMansionAndRemilia\ScarletMansionAndRemilia\XLPs\UIIcons.xlp
Opened output file: D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\ScarletMansionAndRemilia\Platforms\MacOS\BLPs/UI/Icons.blp    For XLP: 'D:\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Civilization VI\ScarletMansionAndRemilia\ScarletMansionAndRemilia\XLPs\UIIcons.xlp'
Could not load digest key: ''.  Using mod key to sign BLP.
Starting 'UI/Icons'
Load finished for: 'UI/Icons' in 0.011 seconds
Cook finished for: 'UI/Icons' in 0.025 seconds
Disk write finished for: 'UI/Icons' in 0.074 seconds
Cleanup finished for: 'UI/Icons' in 0.000 seconds
XLP cook completed with success.
Cook completed in 0.131 seconds
Can anyone help me? I don't even have the strength to be pissed anymore, I am really tired and disappointed of me after half a day of failing, thanks.

Also I will upload my whole project file here, if anyone wants to look into it, there you go. Thanks alot.

Attachments

• ScarletMansionAndRemilia.rar
    487 KB · Views: 68
You miss buildings.artdef, without that no show in-game. You have to copy from an existing structure. Try here for more info Artdefs
Thanks for the reply, but, I'm not trying to make the model yet, I just want to make the history moment image. I was planning to make link the model from another original building to it.
But I will try make one anyway, see if it help

It seems like is the default behavior, when I added and artdef automatically generated DEP file.

Besides that, I never used illustrations but seems to direct link to textures in MomentIlustrations.
Yeah you're right, it seems the cooker does not want to cook any image if you don't have some kind of Artdef file, even if you don't need it at all.
That's some odd behavior if I saw any, but this work, thanks a lot!

Yeah you do need at least one .artdef if you are cooking assets for the .dep file to be created. If you are just creating 2D User Interface icons you can create an UserInterface.artdef (which is not normally needed). It is odd that this is the case as you say but it's just the way it is...

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...te-automatically-dep-file-for-texture.614234/

So I've been trying for a while now, but I still can't manage to make ModBuddy generate the ".dep" file. Here's the project (credits to MC for the ModBuddy template):

Attachments

• ALF_PeachEmpire.rar
    5.1 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom