1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ModCast Episode 80: "Shake Things Up a Little Bit"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by DanQ, Nov 4, 2018.

1. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Fresh twists. The eightieth episode, and tenth season premiere, of ModCast entitled "Shake Things Up a Little Bit", is now netcasting. Lead co-host Rob "Rob (R8XFT)" Riley is joined by fellow regular co-hosts John "Neirai" den Otter and Lee "LeeS" Shipp with returning guest "SeelingCat" in this 82m18s outing, a record runtime for the show to date.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 00m35s | Modding Spotlight
    Checking back in with the show's guest with what what he's been up to over the past half-year in Civilization VI modding.
    - 20m15s | Artist Sketchpad
    Adding Great Athletes to the game (recorded for Episode 72), mixing and matching Japanese Medieval unit art models (23m52s; recorded for Episode 73) and on Armenia and Malaysia for CivVI (27m57s; recorded for Episode 78).
    - 31m24s | Cartography Room
    The "Better Great Person Screen" for Civilization VI is examined, and a Reverse Island Plates map script for the game is considered (35m08s).
    - 39m26s | Code Corner
    Four CivVI modding works share the limelight: "Chrisy15's Civilizations and Leaders", Gedemo's historical and fantastical City States including but not limited to "Pompeii", "Camelot" and "Arkaim" and a Chinese-language based effort to pick a second leader mid-game.
    - 57m41s | Miscellaneous
    Putting forth the idea of having a Civilization VI religion that is based on two or more Pantheons.

ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; fellow sibling TurnCast focuses on Civ multiplay.

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Did Rob say record date of November 20th at the end there or did I hear that wrong ?

Neat trick if we haven't actually recorded the episode yet .....

3. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

That is what Rob said. I decided to leave it in, for the lolz. :D

4. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

No-one picked me up for it on the day :cooool: !!

5. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Including yourself. :lol:

Hope this episode is enjoyed for much more than that, but if nothing else... :mischief:

6. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

well if the listeners listened to the 'bloopers' they also discovered what I sound like with a nasty chest-cold. though I don't know how that Archeological Discovery really applies much to modding.

7. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Indeed -- hope you began to feel better soon after the recording.

:D

8. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

He gave it to me instead :(

9. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Aw.

On the bright(er) side, is this giving you more time to yourself to mod perhaps?

10. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

Hello, I just discovered this modcast episode. I understand you're talking about my city-states. I thank you for that because I guess it's because you like it? English is not my mother tongue so I did not really understand what you were saying. But thank you for talking about my mods, it makes me happy.
    Gedemo

11. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

We only mention mods we like as a general rule.

We may critique and talk about how we might have done part of it different.

We do not talk about specific mods to say we do not like them.

I can't remember exactly what was discussed but it was pretty much that we liked the ideas of the HIstorical or Mythical (like Camelot) City-States you have done because the more diversity in available City-States within a game the better.

12. ShiroToraRyu

ShiroToraRyu Civ 6 Modder

Heeeeeeyyyy you mentioned my Japanese Medieval Unit Models...thanks :)
    ( i was lasttry before, now i have a new Name )
    Yeah i made a lot of mistakes in this First mod. in my Ancient Empires&Ethnic Diversity project i will Try to avoid making the same mistakes, i will try my best to achieve that it will be as less Performance- Hungry as possible. No more up to 16 Textures for only one Unit. I will try to achieve As less Textures as possible for a Unit, and Lower polygon count. So i already know about the Problems of the Japanese Unit Models mod.
    Thanks for mentioning the mod in the modcast Episode :)

13. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Anyone that can do 3d modeling of units or whatever that does not come out looking like a melted ice cream cone is orders of magnitude ahead of my abilities re artwork is concerned.

I can code but cannot art -- unless I borrowsteal the art off Rob