ModCast Pilot 02: "Slowly But Surely"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
It's been more than half a year since the forty-sixth episode of ModCast, "Perfect Perlin", was published; it unexpectedly became the fourth and final episode of the show's fourth season. It is on a continuing hiatus in anticipation of the release of the Civilization V DLL expected sometime in 2012. In an effort to provide the Civ modding community a podcast until that time, what is old is becoming new again with the release of the show's second pilot entitled "Slowly But Surely" for the first time.

Featuring the initial four regular co-hosts Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and Oscar "Elhoim" Velzi and a runtime of 43m02s, it was recorded in December 2007 in lead-up to its first episode the following month. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m00s | News
The merits of global warming and nuclear fallout; then, alternate leader traits for Civilization IV (04m51s).
- 09m07s | Artist's Sketchpad
A truck, King Leonidas (11m26s), and a World War I airplane pack) (14m20s) all for CivIV.
- 16m43s | Code Corner
An Inquisitor MOD leading to discussion on religious victory conditions for Civilization IV.
- 20m46s | Cartography Room
Maps inspired by Final Fantasy III on the Super Nintendo.
- 24m30s | Modding Spotlight
Critiquing the AfterWorld scenario included in the CivIV expansion Beyond the Sword that was modeled on the original XCOM.

ModCast is a recurring audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game modding; sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy, RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay. The first MC pilot is unfortunately believed to be lost as no copy is known to still be in existence.

:)For those of you that may not know the original MODCAST series - I promise you, its a really terific show. If you are into CIV IV there are lots and lots great stuff for you.

These guys are just very entertaining to listen to.

And the contents of the podcast are quite well structured (not as messy as polycast may be at times....).

(When you refer to PolyCast as being "messy... at times", hennord, I respectfully disagree with that label. Are you referring to the introductions and closings to the show or something else?)

In any event, it's nice to know that ModCast is still remembered :) and I too am looking forward to its return after the CivV DLL is released.

Well, that's a real blast from the past!

Top Bottom