[ModComp] JFort Mod

New Version Released

I just updated the opening post with a link to version 0.31. This version just adds the Improvements Outside Borders Mod written by TheLopez. I have enabled Forts to be buildable outside your culture borders.

Have fun with this. :)

Is there any way to make these forts work against gunpowder units? I have never liked that idea at all. Maybe in the modern age, forts are less usefull, but they sure as heck were usefull during the Civil War (USA), which, by the way, was a gunpowder war, :rolleyes:.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. If so, please point me to the answer. Thanks

I do really like the looks of this and your unit religion mods. I think I'll give them both a try out later.

[EDIT] One more question. Is it possible to combine this mod with another one that also has a CvGameCoreDLL.dll file? I am using Dales Combat Mod now, and I would really like to use this Fort mod, but it also has a dll file. What can I do?

[EDIT] One more question. Is it possible to combine this mod with another one that also has a CvGameCoreDLL.dll file? I am using Dales Combat Mod now, and I would really like to use this Fort mod, but it also has a dll file. What can I do?[/QUOTE]

i can use newest "Dales Combat Mod "(which can bomb inside country)
and "JZoC Mod: Simple Zone of Control together " together
because "JZoC Mod" without a CvGameCoreDLL.dll file
and fort still can fight emeny
only lost others function
but still satisfy my purpose
archer can stand inside a fort or city and bomb enemy(edit CIV4UnitInfos.xml file) and fort also can fight enemy
it is really fun.

Oops, sorry it took me so long to respond, RL been crazy and I haven't been in town much or had much time to surf the forums.

The DLL that comes with this mod is just the DLL that is included with the Improvements Outside Borders Mod by TheLopez. You can find the sourse for the DLL in that mod. You can also delete the DLL that comes with JFort and JFort will still work the exact same except you can't build the forts outside your borders. :)

Hi Jeckel.
I'd like to mod a little around zones of control myself (for Fall from Heaven). More specifically I'd like to reduce the movement of enemy units who move adjacent to a fort or city. I was wondering, could you please point me to the events that deal with the movement reducing aspects of your mod? Since your mod is so large and complex, I can't find it myself between all the other stuff you added. :(

Edit: Never mind.

If people want the ZOC of this mod, I have made a more up to date version that just has the ZOC aspect. This mod is way over complex and isn't really what I wanted.

Just search the CFC FileDatabase for JZoC and it should be alot easyer to incorporate into other things. :)

As for this mod, I am working on an upgrade to this mod called JImprovedForts Mod. It will contain JZoC Mod(with Fort, City, and Naval ZoC), an updated version of Promotions & Perks(with an expanded Fort promo system), a new Commander unit that is used to control Forts, and lastly several new screens to help keep track of all the Forts and Commanders. I dont get much time to work on code anymore, but I am tentively planning to realse JImprovedForts Mod around XMas time.

Thanx for the support and glad yall like the mod. :)

In case you didn't notice this (it wasn't mentioned in the BtS manual as a change, and if you're working on it in a mod you may not realize you don't have to any more) but naval units can now enter coastal forts in the stock BtS game.

I very much like the idea of your Jfort mod.

But can't seem to make it work in Warlords... I've found a problem in the way the unit promotion XML is set up.

Is this mod easy change, so that it works in Warlords, or does it require a total rewrite?

So ... any chance of getting this upgraded for BTS 3.13?

Top Bottom