Modded unique unit not applying changes

Areegatoe

Chieftain
I just got into modding and tried to mod macedon's unique units but they just don't change. Did I do something wrong? There are no errors in logs and no problems loading it up in a game but nothing changes and they are still regular hetairois and hypaspists. I tried changing the hellenistic fusion to give more eurekas/inspirations and that worked fine.
1688906569864.png

Personally, I prefer to keep changes such as this in the same format as the base game files since SQL can be a little tricky sometimes. That said, I've successfully updated the Barbarian Soft Cap and such using SQL so I know it can work. I'm no SQL expert but in my own setting update for the barbarian soft cap, I have the values enclosed in apostrophes. I'd try this and see if that works:

SQL:
UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value ='50' WHERE Name = 'Amount' AND ModifierId = 'HYPASPIST_SIEGE_BONUS';
UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value ='500' WHERE Name = 'Amount' AND ModifierId = 'HYPASPIST_SUPPORT_BONUS';
UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value ='50' WHERE Name = 'Amount' AND ModifierId = 'HETAIROI_GREAT_GENERAL_COMBAT_BONUS';
UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value ='50' WHERE Name = 'Amount' AND ModifierId = 'HETAIROI_GREAT_GENERAL_POINTS';[/ICODE]

Last edited:
Top Bottom