Modding get togethers in real life

Bagdemagus

Warlord
Hi everyone,

This is a shout out to anyone who is modding; making units, civs, using python etc..

The pandemic is hopefully beginning to end and I think it would be amazing if a community for interested persons could meet in real life, face to face or via video link. The reason is to share ideas and to increase the knowledge of modders and to create a sense of shared community.

In this discussion thread there is no expectation for people to share personal information. Everybody leads personal and busy lives.

So I currently live in the U.K

Are there any modders in the UK or beyond who are open to the possibility of creating a club where people can meet in person or online?

That'll make at least three of us in this merry band of modders, dining in SC's finest Waffle House. I can get grits with my hush puppies, right?

Welcome back Bagdemagus!

Good to see you back on. I'm in South Carolina. Come on by and I'll take you to our finest Waffle House.

Sounds amazing I love waffles. You only get them here when you go to the beach, seems odd to me. Yeah i'm in S****horpe , England. You can get decent fish and chips though.

Nice we have potentially three people, TT showed me those unts btw they look great!

Love me some fish and chips.

Yeah, Tantan has a great eye is extremely knowledgeable. It's been a blast working on things with him. Brainstorming with him has helped me learn more in blender. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. I'm not very good, but I am very stubborn and persistent.

Love me some fish and chips.

Yeah, Tantan has a great eye is extremely knowledgeable. It's been a blast working on things with him. Brainstorming with him has helped me learn more in blender. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. I'm not very good, but I am very stubborn and persistent.
I will definitely tbh I’m struggling on getting my head around UV mapping but I can be more specific later. Have you made any buildings?

I was able to do an easy part of the UV mapping. The UV Map for Boromir was done. I watched a video that showed me how to load the image and assign the map to the texture. The biggest hurdle I have so far is unwrapping the texture to get a map that will work. Every unwrap I've tried results in a UV that is hopelessly off.

I've done buildings and other statics. Those are much easier to do and I enjoy them quite a bit. Do you use blender?

Sounds amazing I love waffles. You only get them here when you go to the beach, seems odd to me. Yeah i'm in S****horpe , England. You can get decent fish and chips though.

Nice we have potentially three people, TT showed me those unts btw they look great!

You'tr worrying too much Sir Knight , I am gonna equip You with horses !

Top Bottom