[MODDING] Issues installing 32 bit version of Gimp 2

Arkatakor

King
I am trying to get DDS exporting to work in Gimp and remembered that one had to install the 32 bit version of Gimp in order to use the 32 bit version of the DDS extension. I have tried to install the 32 bit version of gimp via the command line:

gimp-2.8.22-setup.exe -32

Despite the above command I found gimp installed in my Program Files directory and not my Program Files (86) directory. I tried putting in the 32 bit version of the dds plugin for gimp but was unable to do a save as... with filetype dds.

Its been 2 years since I have done this; is there now a more refined way to approach dealing with DDS files? If not, I would be grateful for some advice on installing a 32 bit version of gimp.

In gimp you export as other file types (E.g. png, dds, jpg, etc.). You can only save as .xcf files. 'Export as' is in the same dropdown menu as 'save as'

Yes that part works however the issue i'm having is that when I export as, the dds file only saves the first 2 icons into the dds instead of the 5 that I have. I have attached the xcf file for your perusal (rename the .txt to .xcf). Maybe I implemented the new icons incorrectly - if thats the case i'll be looking at the tutorials again.

Attachments

• AncientBuildingAtlas256.txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
Top Bottom