Modding N-gage version of Civilization

BenGee171

Warlord
Hi i just wanted to ask if somebody heard of a modification for the n-gage civilization or if somebody has experience with the n-gage version of civilization. I had a first look at the files and the txt files seemed to be copys of the civilization2 txt files (thats why i post it here). i don't know about the artwork yet, but if somebody has experience with that please contact me.

EDIT:

I found out about the artwork, it is saved as .mbm files. I am able to open it with a tool i downloaded.
I am now able to edit rules, and artwork.

I just have no idea what kind of mod it should be. i will think about it.

Sadly, I don't think I can use this with Verizon in the US. :(

As far as modding goes, if you can crack the mbm format, you could use the excellent graphics made by Gazza/Fairline, CurtSibling, et al. Assuming the resolution is the same...

i downlaoded a tool which i can use to extrackt the mbm files (which are containing bmp files) basicly, yes i can change the artwork.

i will have a look at the artwork you mentioned

as soon as i got a multimediacard (mmc) i can start testing if modifications will work on the n-gage.

Hi, wanted to add another post to this Thread. Just an update.
I was able to mod it.
I was able to insert my own unit with own graphics into the game, change artworks for example the cities. As well i was able to implement the arab civilization into the game. But i am not able to change the game menu, cause it still shows it as Sioux. As well the difficulties, i renamed them, but in the menu it still shows the old ones, maybe the n-gage version has this text saved in the dll file.

I don't know, funny enough is, that there are originally 2 .mp files in the civilization folder, europe and greece, but you are not able to load a map or a scenario.

I thought about editing a savegame, and modifying it and including another map into it, but i don't know how to handle hex editors.

I heard, that there is a tool for civ2 where you can change map files between save games and mp or scenario files.

Verizon is the major carrier in the U.S. AFAIK (but I hope I'm wrong), it's not compatible with the Nokia phones that work with N-Gage.

Do you have Civ2 for the PC? You can use its map editor to edit maps in mp or sav files.

[Edit]Btw, very nice work![/Edit]

i do not have it anymore, in wich version of civ2 is the map editor included? as well, i do not know if the savegame versions are compatible. i looked into a n-gage savegame with the hexeditor, it looks like it uses fantastic world savegame format.

after civilized... , i think at decimal hex 11 and 12 there is the number 28.

it's not compatible with the Nokia phones that work with N-Gage.
it works on my N-GAGE QD

sorry, i still do not get it, maybe it is cause i do not live in the us. but when i was traveling, i had my n-gage qd with me and i had it on fly mode, and all the games were working. it is true, that you need a sim card for the n-gage to start. maybe you could get a cheap n-gage qd on ebay and a cheap pay as you go simcard. if you really want to have a n-gage. i must say, except for gaming, the n-gage qd is rubbish. as well, the games are old, the best ones are high seize, fifa 2005, civilization, pathway to glory 1 & 2 from my point of view.

Top Bottom