Modern Unit Graphics

I've been working on this for a while... Since there wasn't any units representing or focusing on Lebanon, aside from Hezbollah, I figured I could try to represent the forces from the Lebanese Civil War.
I strived to represent multiple militias, uniforms, forces involved, and a little bit on weapons (though most were kalashnikovs). Most sources stemmed from forums, Osprey books, and photos online. From Lebanon itself there was the Lebanese Army, the Lebanese Forces, the Southern Lebanon Army, Al-Mourabitoun/Independent Nasserite Movement, the Popular Guards/Communists, People's Liberation Army/PSP (Druze), Syrian Social Nationalist Party, the Amal Movement, Hezbollah, and the Arab Red Knights. Palestinian forces included the PLO, Fatah, As Sa'iqa, the PFLP, and the PFLP-GC. External forces includes both Israel and Syria with the Multinational Force in Lebanon consisting of the US, Italy, the UK, and France.
BonesRobert Lebanese Civil War.png

Attachments

• BonesRobert Lebanese Civil War.png
    BonesRobert Lebanese Civil War.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

In the1991 Gulf War it was found that T-55 tanks were easily destroyed even by Bradley 25mm guns. Same with a wheeled APC, which however has the advantage of speed and fuel economy. Due to US sanctions and the collapse of the USSR Cuba had to overcome the dificulty of obtaining new gear by mating and converting old weapons. Such as matching the BTR 60PB with a modified T55 turret and 100mm gun, thereby turning it into a light tank hunter/ direct fire support vehicle. Like a dirt cheap rigged M128 Stryker MGS, sharing the same center of gravity and reliability issues for a fraction of the cost (my guess). There is also a BTR 115 variant with the 115mm gun off a T62.

:rotfl:

Good grief, Erika's kitbashes weren't far off the mark.

I still lurk and collect units, i'll get back into kitbashing units eventually.
Mind, some of the hackjobs of APC's, SPH's, and MRL's the IDF have cobbled are also Erika-style designs. :p

Just a work in progress of the current unit roster for American Kingdoms II, which I am remaking in ToTPP/Lua... :)
View attachment 672711
I'll be using all the 189 units, so armour and artillery are not added yet...
I like the rough-hewn paint-jobs to make the vehicles look slightly less than the ship-shape form that they would be under a universal standards, unifed military.

I look forward to a game of the new version. Gonna keep the parachuting spies? :mischief::nope:

(edit) I just had a look at your units. You ARE going to keep the parachuting spies. :evil::trouble:
Oh, yes! I was going to have a parachuting biker, but thought that might be too silly.

BTW - I changed the native civ into a cartel, and the nazi dudes into anarcho-syndicals - :)

The Cuban C-AP-AT-BMP-100 tank destroyer appears to be a BMP1 chassis with a100 mm D48 or 2A19 field gun, which was used both in an anti-tank and artillery role.
It could even be a 100mm T-12 Rapira (the Ukrainians did so with their MT-LBs)

Attachments

• Tanelorn Cuban BMP100.png
    Tanelorn Cuban BMP100.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

The Cuban C-AP-AT-BMP-100 tank destroyer appears to be a BMP1 chassis with a100 mm D48 or 2A19 field gun, which was used both in an anti-tank and artillery role.
It could even be a 100mm T-12 Rapira (the Ukrainians did so with their MT-LBs)
Are the Fiero and Paquito fast attack veicles/gun trucks going to be included?

With the last two rows to play with, I selected the various barbs, and foreign baddies who will invade the former USA in "American Kingdoms II". :)
View attachment 673786
Canadians as, "foreign invading baddies." Even most Americans would likely have a chuckle at that, I'm afraid to say. :p

Top Bottom