Modifying/Merging .dll's, Help

Echo of Celts

Just Plain Crazy
Hello,

I am trying to merge two CvGameCoreDLL.dll files from different mods to combine the mods.

I am wondering what program I can use to open these files and merge them.

I have tryed a few but can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks,

You cant merge the dll's directly.

You need to download the sourcecodes from both mods (if the autors provide those). Merge those in a way that makes sense (WinMerge is helpful, if it's what you are asking for), then compile a new DLL.

DLLs can't be edited in notepad like python or xml files, they need to be compiled. A whole bunch of small .cpp and other files is required to create the dll, these are found in the folder called "CvGameCoreDLL". These files can be edited with notepad, and then compiled into the dll.

To merge two dll mods you will need the source code, that's those small files. If the two mods affect the same cpp file, you will need to manually insert the changes (you can use winmerge). I would advise copying the CvGameCoreDLL folder somewhere and operating on the copy rather than on the original.

To compile you need to follow this tutorial precisely:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166933

There are 2 things not mentioned in the tutorial you need to know. When you go to compile, it will produce a folder called "Final Release" full of .obj files. It won't work a second time unless you delete that folder. The other thing to know is that, if it is BTS, you need to delete a file called "CvGameCoreDLL.rc" both from the folder and from codeblocks' list (the panel at the left, will be under a folder called "other").

Top Bottom