modpacks work for mac versions?

mr.macman

Chieftain
Strangely enough, just discoverd the site, been playing Civ since the good old days of Civ1. Anyhow, been perusing the forum where you can downoad/play modpacks and new civs. Since I'm guessing most of these are done on PCs, can they be downloaded and played on the Macs as well? If so, anyone know how to do so?

Thanks for any info.

Some of them might be workable, some will not work. The reason is the difference in patches currently available. The mac has 1.21g, and the pc 1.29f. ( you can get the latest mac patch here, btw: http://www.civfanatics.net/files/civ3/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=34 ). Modpacks made in 1.29f are not playable in 1.21g. Some of the older versions that were made in 1.21g are playable, though, and most maps should be playable. Just about all graphics mods (such as the different terrain packs) should also work.

To play the maps, just put them in the scenarios folder. To install graphic modpacks, just replace all the graphics files from the modpack into their correct locations in the Civ 3 art folder (might wanna back those up before replacing).

But most importantly, welcome to CFC!

Well, its about time. We've been waiting for you. ;) Now, the editor can finally be released. [Old joke]

Welcome, mr.macman! :goodjob:

Edited in -> Yes, I agree w/ Beamup. Snoopy's terrain mod is very nice.

As far as mods go, one I highly recommend is Snoopy's terrain graphics. They look MUCH better - it seems a sizable majority of the people around here use them, with good reason.

Top Bottom