1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mods for Mac, help

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by Calidoc7, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Calidoc7

Calidoc7 Chieftain

I'm struggling to figure out how to add mods for Mac. There don't seem to be a lot of resources. Any help please?

2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I figure you have the AppStore Version of the game in that case?

3. Calidoc7

Calidoc7 Chieftain

Correct.

4. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Cannot help you with the AppStore version, sorry. Hopefully, someone else can.

5. Bojevus

Bojevus Chieftain

It's very complicated. You have to find a specific folder in the "library" section of your hard drive and move the files there. On my phone but I'll see if I can find the page that walked me through it when I'm at my laptop.

6. Calidoc7

Calidoc7 Chieftain

I found a "Mods" folder in the Civ 6 folder. I'm not sure what files I can put in it or where to get them for Mac.

7. Bojevus

Bojevus Chieftain

You may have already found the right spot. On my machine the mods are in:

/Users/(my user name)/Library/Containers/⁨com.aspyr.civ6.appstore⁩/⁨Data⁩/⁨Library⁩/⁨Application Support⁩/⁨Sid Meier's Civilization VI⁩/Mods/

You can install simply by downloading from the downloads section of Civfanatics, then put the decompressed mods into the Mods folder.

8. Bojevus

Bojevus Chieftain

Easier version:

Open up the finder and click the "go to folder" item under the "Go" menu and then just copy/paste this in there: ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

Then you'll have the mod window open and you can just drag and drop unzipped mods into there.

9. Calidoc7

Calidoc7 Chieftain

I have placed a couple in the folder and they do appear when I select additional content from the main screen. Haven't tested them yet. It seems there are a lot more mods available for the steam version? Is this true? Is there some other benefit to playing the steam version rather than the Mac app version?
    *I'm assuming I cannot use steam mods?

10. CGPanama

CGPanama Warlord

You can use the Steam mods, but will need to find a way to get them. Someone with Steam can download the current version, then send the files from their Mods folder. The challenge is keeping them up to date whenever a new version comes out.