Mods for Mac, help

Calidoc7

Chieftain
I'm struggling to figure out how to add mods for Mac. There don't seem to be a lot of resources. Any help please?

Cannot help you with the AppStore version, sorry. Hopefully, someone else can.

It's very complicated. You have to find a specific folder in the "library" section of your hard drive and move the files there. On my phone but I'll see if I can find the page that walked me through it when I'm at my laptop.

It's very complicated. You have to find a specific folder in the "library" section of your hard drive and move the files there. On my phone but I'll see if I can find the page that walked me through it when I'm at my laptop.
I found a "Mods" folder in the Civ 6 folder. I'm not sure what files I can put in it or where to get them for Mac.

I found a "Mods" folder in the Civ 6 folder. I'm not sure what files I can put in it or where to get them for Mac.
You may have already found the right spot. On my machine the mods are in:

/Users/(my user name)/Library/Containers/⁨com.aspyr.civ6.appstore⁩/⁨Data⁩/⁨Library⁩/⁨Application Support⁩/⁨Sid Meier's Civilization VI⁩/Mods/

You can install simply by downloading from the downloads section of Civfanatics, then put the decompressed mods into the Mods folder.

Easier version:

Open up the finder and click the "go to folder" item under the "Go" menu and then just copy/paste this in there: ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

Then you'll have the mod window open and you can just drag and drop unzipped mods into there.

I have placed a couple in the folder and they do appear when I select additional content from the main screen. Haven't tested them yet. It seems there are a lot more mods available for the steam version? Is this true? Is there some other benefit to playing the steam version rather than the Mac app version?
*I'm assuming I cannot use steam mods?

You can use the Steam mods, but will need to find a way to get them. Someone with Steam can download the current version, then send the files from their Mods folder. The challenge is keeping them up to date whenever a new version comes out.

hi I'm struggling to add mods to the App Store Civ VI any pointers appreciated

panic over its at /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

Last edited:
Top Bottom