Mods in Multiplayer

B166ER

Chieftain
Dont know if anyone asked this before but didnt find it.. is there a way to use mods in Multiplayer games?? due to alot of inbalance things like traderoutes i want to use the already out mod that fix some things.

I have not seen a statement about MP mods for CivBE, but since Civ5 doesn't still have mods in MP I would not be too optimistic :-/

CS

I haven't given it a shot in game yet, but from their previous commentary I've heard of it I don't think it's the case. The reasoning had something to do with security.

It would be nice to throw in a quick balance patch for trade routes at the least to play with my friends though.

I think they said no, because cheaters are more important the enjoyment of the product. it is the same thing they did with XCOM :/

JdH did a great mod manager for Civ -- you can't use fancy schmancy mods but it's still quite nice. Someone needs to track him down and beg him to make one for Civ:BE.

No, multiplayer mods are not currently available. The developers said this in one of their streams, I forget which one.

They said that there were security issues for DLL core mods, but implied that this was not the case for XML/LUA mods. They did not say why these were not available. They said it was a problem they were working on, and that we should hopefully see the feature become available at some point in the future.

The SDK is available. for CiV ther was a mod to make mods into DLC and thus enabled in MP (everyone needs the same version ofc). Does anyone know if such a thing has been created for civBE already? link to post in ciV forum

Is there no way to make mods work in hot seat? Some manual changes to files?

Top Bottom