Mongols Attack!

bigfatjonny

Warlord
Ok, it is my second game as China.
First game I over expanded so much that I was on 10% research for most of the game, had about 8 cities and a large but out of date army.
This game im now rated no 1! Yey. I have five cities and an adequate army for repelling invaders and barbarians. I have the largest population and im number 1 in science.
The mongols just spawned and because I wouldnt give up a city when they popped they started at war with me. I have repelled attacks on two of my cities but they took my smallest one.
On the second turn after the mongols spawned I got a message "some of your forces are converting to the Mongols". So now about 6 of my crossbows and catapults have moved to the mongols and im left with only a small defense force.
My question is, is this converting part of the Mongols UP? If so how does it work, how could I reduce it. Will it continue to happen?

I know this might seem a bit unfair, but it's set so that refusing your cities to flip will result in penalties, because new civs need the advantages when they start because of their later start.

I'm in a similiar situation... I'm playing the English and the Americans have just started the War of Independence. I have two rebellious cities, Norfolk and Popham. Norfolk has already been taken, the garrison having switched over so now I'm worried the Popham garrison will do the same at some point. Is there any point in me reinforcing the Popham garrison or should I just abandon it and then try and take it back? When will my troops stop being tempted to join the Americans?

Let them get the cities, then declare war and get them back.

That won't work either, because as the code now stands if you declare war on a newly born civ with 10 or so turns of its birth units will still flip to them.
Or so Rhye has said, I've never had it happen to me before because I always either accept or flat out refuse.

its possible to hold the cities (or at least some of them) for the first ten rounds by sending in just a few troops and send your main attack force after the unit flipping is over...

at the moment a high concentration of troops in the area is a hinderance in countering the rebels, it would be more accurate if more troops made it easier to fight the rebels, maybe by having more troops lowers the % chance of troops rebelling or something...

Well they only have musketeers and pikemen whereas I have redcoats with huge city-defensive bonuses. So I think I'd better flee the city rather than risk them getting hold of any more of my super-troops. I shall return in ten turns with a vengeance of course...

If you think in terms of the American Revolution, no doubt a famous revolution, the system makes perfect sense. But not all revolutions or creations of civilizations had to do with "subverting" the local populace; many were simply powerful invasions. The current system is modeled quite strongly, I think, after the Americans', while also working perfectly for the European "barbarian" uprisings of Gaul, the Germanic tribes, etc. But is this the best way to show the creation of such war-mongers as the Mongols?

SilverKnight

what about the mention to have the barbarian invasion thingy from warlords before its made that the player can make?
I thought I saw this somewhere and it would make a good alternative.

Yeh, Kairob, leading German barb-horde would be niiice. Suffer Rome, we will cut your neck with our oh-so-sharp axes!!

actually they used spears more than axes due to a lack of Iron, in fact the only reason why they managed it at all was because the romano-celts in gaul started to trade iron with them allowing them to get more armour and weapons to hurt the romans with...

Don't nitpick, If you ask an average Joe to draw a German barb he draws evil guy with axes.

Yeah yeah, you're right, I know.

Top Bottom