More Aggresive Colonization

As a matter of fact, in all my latest games the arabs are killed by the persians...

In my game, Persia has become quite powerful, keeping the Arabs in check.

About the Spanish Conquest of South America: In history one-sided deseases did help the Spanish quite a bit (in fact more Native Americans got killed by deseases introduced by Spaniards than by the Spanish conquistadores). The same issue possibly also applies to the fall of Rome, when the plague lightened the Roman defenses quite a bit. Is it still intended to implement deseases/plagues in this mod (like in Civ3C)? That could prove helpfull and interesting.

Wilhelm II said:
About the Spanish Conquest of South America: In history one-sided deseases did help the Spanish quite a bit (in fact more Native Americans got killed by deseases introduced by Spaniards than by the Spanish conquistadores). The same issue possibly also applies to the fall of Rome, when the plague lightened the Roman defenses quite a bit. Is it still intended to implement deseases/plagues in this mod (like in Civ3C)? That could prove helpfull and interesting.

yes, it's still in the to-do list.
A good idea, to apply it to clashes of cultures

I've also never seen Arabia expand much, but see Persia reach it's historical borders very often (excluding Egypt), and even going further. Arabia need help. :king:

In MY games Persia conquered the world and had 20 cities over size 30 and all the wonders built and a spaceship and ALIEN technology! :crazyeye:

LOL, just what this sounds like. I'm getting a feeling from this thread, like maybe Persia is too powerful. They take quite a hit from the barbs, but if they survive that, they use the experience against their nearest neighbor, Arabia. Why don't they ever take India? It is usually prety weak.

SilverKnight

Hmm, just thought of something.

With the slightly-scripted AI colonization, is it possible for non-scripted AI civs to colonize overseas? My point being that it seems possible that Persia could have sea-based colonies in East Africa, Indonesia and/or Australia, while Mali spreads to South America early. I am very used to seeing Spain and France take South America, England take Australia and share North America with France, etc. Are there ways for the AI to colonize creatively, based on the resources at hand?

SilverKnight

SilverKnight said:
Hmm, just thought of something.

With the slightly-scripted AI colonization, is it possible for non-scripted AI civs to colonize overseas? My point being that it seems possible that Persia could have sea-based colonies in East Africa, Indonesia and/or Australia, while Mali spreads to South America early. I am very used to seeing Spain and France take South America, England take Australia and share North America with France, etc. Are there ways for the AI to colonize creatively, based on the resources at hand?

SilverKnight

yes, most of the civs have American plots not-set. That means that they're not encouraged or discouraged to colonize.

In my game as mali, persia colonized madagskar and another city in east africa (pertia or something like that). As mali I found out it pays much more to settle south africa and even inner africa instead of south america. South africa has more resources and is closer.
But, in all my games persia had arabia collapse. The problem is not persia, however, but arabia which is weak.

Sounds to me that either Persia's UP needs to be toned down, or Arabia's UP needs to be toned up.

persias needs to be toned down; it is way too easy for persia to control a huge empire. arabia doesnt necesarily need to be too much stronger; it seems to me that if arabia survives for a while, they become strong enough to live, its just that early on persia can easily maul the arabs, and do so

Arabia shouldn't "survive for a while." Arabia should explode onto the scene, and be the most important Civilization in the game for a good 400 years. They should take over much or all of Egypt, North Africa, Persia, and Spain - or at least, have that potential.

Arabia ought to step on the scene with a Golden Age. They were strong for a good 500 years, with a good 200 years where they were arguably "the center of the world".

Top Bottom